baekyeon one shot story

flashback ; 5 years ago

The last time Baekhyun thought he would ever fall in love, was when his crush, left him. She was always full of smiles, very thoughtful, kind and helpful. Students look up to her for the fact that she's not only smart, well liked by teachers and also pretty. Amazing complexion, light pink cherry lips, brown hair, and two cute blushing cheeks. This side of her attracted him. She was different. She was different from the other girls who Baekhyun attracted. She, was Taeyeon. Kim Taeyeon.

No one ever knew, that a cruel twist would strike him. Taeyeon would be migrating. Baekhyun was saddened by the news for the fact that he never had the courage to confess to her, and he knew that he would regret it for his entire life.

Finally one day, he decided to confess to her. It was the day before she left for the United States. He wished that he would not be rejected, for Baekhyun never chased girls, it was the other round - girls chasing him.

Taeyeon was puzzled when she received a message from an unknown number.
It reads -

Hi Taeyeon. Do you have time? Care to meet me for awhile at the cafe near our school? Got something to share with you. See you.

-BBH

"BBH?? What's that?" Taeyeon muttered to herself silently.

Taeyeon made her way to the cafe, where she was thinking of what did 'BBH' really meant?

wait. is that his initials? Byun Baek Hyun? It's impossible, right? Why does he want to meet me? Such a good looking kid with so many chasers ....

Out of curiosity, she quickened her pace in order to meet this mysterious person. Indeed, it was Baekhyun sitting there. With a anxious look plastered across his face, his eyes lightened up upon seeing Taeyeon. He flashed his famous rectangle smile and pulled the seat out for her.

"Gomawo." Taeyeon said, and sat down.

"So I believe you requested this meeting?" Taeyeon asked.

Baekhyun nodded. His heart was beating fast. He was known to be a playboy in the school. However, no one actually knew that he rejected every single one of the clingy girls. He only wanted to love her. Only her.

He began, "I just wanted to treat you to a meal, to thank you for being such a good student in the school ..........."

What in the world Baekhyun! Get your mind straight! That's totally not your purpose of asking her out.

"Thats ... an uncommon reason.. but if you want to treat me, I don't mind!" Taeyeon smiled. But she was nervous inside. Nervous as its him infront of her.

As they took their orders, Baekhyun glanced at Taeyeon. Such a beautiful girl, I better be quick or else she'll be stolen by other guys when she migrates.

Baekhyun was lost in his thoughts when he suddenly felt a soft shake.

"Baekhyun? Have you decided on your order?" Taeyeon asked as she shook him lightly.

He nodded and placed his order. After a short while, the meal arrived and they began eating. While eating, they talked about various topics and it was an enjoyable time spent together.

After the meal, it was sunset and they decided to watch it together. It was the last day for Taeyeon in Korea and she wanted it to be spent meaningfully. As they were mesmerised by the scenery, Baekhyun suddenly cleared his throat.

"Taeyeon ah, I have something to tell you. I ...... actually..." Baekhyun said while stuttering.

"I like you. Unknowingly, I fell for you over these years. I had no courage at all to confess to you. Afterall, I have never confessed to anyone before... Please don't say anything and I just wanted to let you know my feelings or I'll regret it as you'll be leaving ......" Baekhyun said as his voice trailed off.