Try and catch me

Starting to run, he risked a glance behind him. He knew it was a common mistake, but it was as if the air around him was tapping him on the shoulder, begging to be looked at. The man was just rounding the corner, attempting to sprint down the alley to grab him. He pushed the bin nearest to him over, creating an obstacle course for his enemy. Then he continued to run, the alleyways twisting and bending around him, allowing him no escape. He wanted to scream, but he couldn't make another rookie mistake. So he just kept running.

Finally he saw a busy street beyond him. He started to slow down, returning to a jog and then to a walk. Once again, he peered over his shoulder, begging to God that he had got lost. The man was gone. Breathing a sigh of relief, he brushed down his clothes, raked a hand through his messy hair, and walked into the unsuspecting crowd. He had no trouble blending in, as his training had allowed him to sneak in with anyone. Quickly he scanned the street, locating the place that the woman had told him to meet at. Finally he saw it - a small café with an open door with the green sign. He walked towards it, through the doorway and up to the third table. She was sitting there. She was in her early thirties, fairly tall, dressed in a suit and had short blonde hair. 

'Glad you could make it, James', she said, not allowing a smile to cross her lips. She was a serious woman, with her head always full of business who didn't have time for fun. But he was too focused to waste time; diving straight into the focus of the meeting. 

'What did he want?' James asked.

'Who?'

'You know, the man that was chasing me.' He needed answers.

'Oh. He's not important.'

'Really? I thought that everybody was important. Especially in missions.'

'Ok then, I guess I should tell you. The ones that we are trying to capture are trying to kill all of us. The whole team. Company even. The one that was on your tail is only trying to capture you.'

'But why?' He felt fustrated. He followed orders and never stepped a foot out of place.

'I think you know why. Your sister. She blew their whole place up. And it doesn't help that you're our best spy, considering your young age.'

Everytime his sister was mentioned he use to have to blink back tears. But now he didn't allow himself to. He had learnt to block his feelings, just like his tears. It was helpful, but not necessarily good.