Part 3

The police arrive.

"What's the problem, miss?" the police officer asks the pharmacist.

"This boy has been coming to my store for the past two weeks buying dozens of bottles of cough medicine!" she ranted. "I think he's been making meth!"

This lady must be crazy! "Meth! What!? I'm not doi-" I tried to defend myself but was interrupted by an officer.

"QUIET!" the officer yelled. "I don't doubt it for a second, you look just like every other thug we get doing this stuff!"

"Hey, what are you doing? Get off me!" I yell as the officers pick me up my arms and drag me to the back seat of their squad car.

"If you don't tell us, we're going to find out anyway, and you think you're having a bad day? You're going to get locked up for years! Just like you should be!" the officer yelled at me in the interrogation room at the station. "You low life thug! Do you know what your family would think of this?" the officer yelled at me.

"You don't know anything about my family!" I yell back as I slam the table in front of me. "I'm buying all this cough medicine because we can't afford anything better!" I yell trying not to cry. "Cough syrup is the only thing that helps my sister." The police stand there with shocked expressions. "She's dying of lung cancer. Can I go home now?"