photobooth

they had just gotten off one of the craziest rides at the carnival.

laughing and pushing each other around, she realizes that they were now separated from the rest of the group.

"hey," she shakes his arm. "where's everyone else?"

"they all wanted to go to the photobooth, remember? there were too many people in our group so we couldn't fit." he says.

"oh yeah! let's go to the photobooth then!" she excitedly grabs his hand and drags him there.

she's happily talking, dragging him along with her while he's contentedly listening and focusing mainly on the hand that's holding hers.

as they talk on the way there, he looks at only her the entire time.

finally arriving at the photobooth, both soon realize that their group of friends already left.

"aw," she pouts. "where are they?"

"don't worry, we can just call them."

"but i gave them our phones so we wouldn't drop it on the ride." she gives him an apologetic look. "sorry."

he sighs. "it's okay, we'll find them later."

suddenly, her face brightens up.

he can't help but smile at the way her eyes shine and in response, she can't stop her face from warming up when she sees the way he smiles at her.

both catch themselves and internally groan at their own sappy thoughts.

really? she thinks and inwardly winces at herself. what's wrong with me?

why am I being like this? he sighs on the inside, cringing at himself.

throwing her thoughts aside, she starts to pull him towards the photobooth.

"come on! we have to get a picture of us, it'll be fun!" she says. he groans but lets her pull him anyways. "don't complain, I know you love taking pictures with me," she teases.

"yeah, right." he grins.

he gives the girl supervising the photobooth the amount of tickets needed, but she rejects it.

"couples get pictures for free," she replies when he asked why she didn't take the tickets.

"oh." they say in unison.

"we're not a-" she tries to say, but he interlaces his fingers with hers and pulls her inside the photobooth.

"thank you!" he says over his shoulders.

"what the heck was that?" she lightly smacks his shoulder (with her other hand), her face a discreet shade of pink.

"I just wanted to save tickets so we could get more food later," he blurts out. smooth, he thinks sarcastically to himself. real smooth. now she thinks you're weird.

"oh...okay," she replies, still feeling somewhat awkward and, not knowing why, a little flustered.

"ready?" the girl calls out from outside the photobooth. "just tap start on the screen."

"alright, you scoot a little over." he says, wary only now of their close proximity.

they pose for the first picture, both
making a stupid face at the camera.

click.

both look at each other and laugh, temporarily forgetting about the countdown.

click.

it gets quiet quickly, and he can feel his heart pounding in his chest at what he's about to do.

taking a step towards her, he asks her a simple question. "do you like me?"

she smirks. "why? do you like me?" she teases.

"yes." catching her by surprise, he pulls her close and kisses her.

and she kisses him back.

click.

author's note:
hey guys, hope you enjoyed that! feel free to share your thoughts about this (feedback's always appreciated!)
thank you!