Chapter 1

Mika was only nine when his mother died. His sister was twelve and his brother Merlin was five. They hadn't seen the outside in many years. Ever since their oldest sister Malikia died. That was two years before their mothers death. They stayed hidden due to the government and their scopathic leader Damien Waters. He was behind it all he was the only open practice of magic. He wanted to keep it that way unless the magic was in his control.
This is why they stay hiddened, because both of his siblings have gifts. Maya could hear noise from miles away including a pin drop. Merlin was able to turn his skin in to diamonds. His other sister Malikia was able to do something, but she never shared her ability with the family. Mika had nothing but book smarts. All he wanted was an adventure. He should of been careful with what he wished for.
It was the day of Mika's twelfth Birthday and in the tiny little house in the middle of the rainforest he just wanted to leave. So later that night he opened the window and crawled out. He crawled a couple feet away and then stood up. It felt like he had been walking forever until he heard a crunch behind him.
Mika spun, his hands balled and defending his face. His sister stood there hands on her hips.
"What are you gonna do with those puny things?" His sister asked sarcastically.
"Dammit Maya go home" he said angrily. Maya stumbled forward as her youngest brother clutched her side. His face looked terrified as tears rolled down his cheeks.
"Merlin what's wrong?" Maya asked as she turned to look at him.
He chocked back a sob. "Mother was yelling at me for going to bed late" he sobbed. "And then something touched me." He said clutching tighter at his sisters thigh.
"No one is in the house Merlin" Mika said grabbing his brothers shoulder.
"Your wrong they found us...... Run." Maya said glancing at her brothers. "Run" she whispers again. Merlin took off away from the house, but stopped when he realized his siblings weren't following.
"Promise to protect Merlin" she whispered to Mika.
"I promise." He said clutching her hand. "Find us when you get the chance" he told her.
"Always." She said running towards the house. Mika turned and ran to his brother scooping him up and running. That had gotten a good distance away when loud noise shut out ever other sound. Mika turned on his heels and saw the house his sister ran back into go up in flames. Mika and Merlin stood in silence as trucks drove away. They stepped towards the house when a figure dropped from the tree in front of them. They froze in fear.