The Good

I stare at the restaurant that I had worked at for the past 3 months. It isn't a fancy restaurant where rich people would dine in but fancy enough for me to be payed enough for my bills and rent. Unfortunately I had been fired by my ass of a manager for being always late. It's not my fault that my shitty apartment is an hour away from here.

I started walking at the busy street of New York. Not having anything better to do I decided to take a different route rather than the one that I always take.

I walked aimlessly. Not looking properly where I was walking I bumped at at the guy that just walked out of the dark alley.

I fixed my glasses and looked at the large guy.

"Watch it!" The guy snapped at me.

Startled by the sudden rudeness I replied without thinking.

"What crawled up to your ass dude? You were the one who bumped into me."

I slam a hand in my mouth. My eyes going wide at what I have just said.

The guy didn't say anything but instead pulled me at the dark alley that he came from and slammed me at the hard wall. He was holding onto my shirts collar so tight that it made me hard to breath. I struggled to removed the guys hand of me when a fist came flying at my face. I had no time to react at the pain when I felt another punch at my stomach then another and another.

I groaned and collapsed at the cold ground hugging my stomach. All I can feel is the pain that is traveling at my body. When I felt that the guys had left I pushed myself on the ground and sat at the ground with my back at the wall.

I really do have a shitty life.

I stared at the starless sky already feeling drowsy and tired. I wad already accepting my faith to die there and then from the pain but then a face blocked my view of the sky. Even though it was so dark I can still see her clearly.

"Angel" I croaked then everything went black