ONE

She ran as fast as she could. Breathless. Her legs almost giving up, but she knew that she had to keep running. She wanted to look behind, to make sure she was away from the monstrous person, but there was no time to do that. If the girl did, she would be caught easily. She ran and ran, never giving up, looking at the buildings and deserted streets of the dark city, yet the full moon gave dim brightness to the streets. Her goal was to get to her brother's apartment building, before that beastly man could catch her. She saw the apartment building of her brother and her eyes lit up, excitement rushing through her veins knowing she was close to being safe. She bursted through the doors, the lady on the reception desk looking at her with a questionable look, but the running girl didn't care. She looked at the elevator doors and pressed the button. The elevator doors seemed like an eternity to open up. She kept pressing the button, repetitive times She looked behind her, making sure the man was not close, but it was too late, the man was already standing on the entrance doors of the building, staring at her.

"You're dead." The man said with a very low voice. He started to walk up to her, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot. The elevator doors finally opened, making a ding sound when they did. She got in immediately and pushed the closed doors button. The man started jogging to the elevator. The doors started to close slowly, each second the man gave a faster step. She kept on pressing the closed doors button. Finally the elevator doors closed, with a thump sound from the man crashing to the door. The girl flinched, getting away as possible from the door. She recovered a few seconds later and pressed the button that lead to the ninth floor. She leaned her back against the small elevator walls, and slid down to the floor sitting down, trying to recover her breath. The doors opened with a ding. She came out of the elevator and went to the door on the right knocking on it quickly so his brother could answer.

A young man opened the door. He looked just like the girl, but in a male version and more masculine features.

"Matthew!" the girl said embracing him in a tight hug.

"Laura? What are you doing here?" The young lad asked.

"I'll explain to you, but first let's get in your apartment and close the door."

"Ok?"

Both of the teens came into the apartment and Laura closed the door behind her, making sure to lock it. She turned back around to look at her brother. The girl still had a terrified look, still scared from the previous events. Her pale skin was paler. her bright hazel eyes darker, and her cheeks tear stained.

"What's happening Laura?" The young man said coming closer to the fragile body of the poor girl. He moved his hand to her shoulder and looked down to the small figure. She stared at him, deep blue eyes looking at each other. She couldn't contain it anymore and broke down in front of the man, leading her hands to her face to cover herself. The man embraced her, making sure she knew that he was there for her.

"Please tell me." he said in a whisper.

"Matt I don't- I can't-" before she could even finish a sob escaped her lips. Her brother rubbed her back, telling her to calm down.

"Why don't you sit down? I'll go make some tea and you will calm down." he said, pulling away from their hug She nodded and went to seat on the couch, meanwhile Matthew went to make tea.

_________________________

"I was just so scared. He wouldn't' stop following me. I don't even know who he is!" The girls said, trying to explain to her brother what has been happening.

"What were you doing at this time of the night? Why were you out? You know the city isn't very safe at night." He responded.

"I know, but I-I was so stupid, I shouldn't have gone out." The girl shook her head in disappointment.