Game Of Lies

Game Of Lies
By: Group 3 of 7 - Pignatelli

"Hey, wait for me!" Francis Poitier yelled as he tried to run after his best friend, Elizabeth Bonnefoy.

"Catch up, slowpoke!" She answered as she dashed across the green pasture of the Bonnefoy Manor.

The Bonnefoys and the Poitiers go way back, resolving conflicts along the way and have been associates for years due to the fact that they have always agreed and knew what to do for the sake of their companies and those around them.

Because of the long-term relationship between the families, it was no surprise that Elizabeth and Francis became close as well.

~*~*~

After 15 years, the Bonnefoys and the Politers gained power and controlled Sykes, a manufacturing company.

Elizabeth and Francis, now adults and fully educated, were given the responsibility of handling the company. Because of their management, they were able to expand and get a hold of smaller companies who had many workers but not so much money. One of the companies was Indy.

First, both Elizabeth and Francis met the employees. They had an agreement about the rules and restrictions of the family to the workers. One by one, the two managed to get the loyalty of their workers through empty promises.

Working under the hands of the Elizabeth Bonnefoy and Francis Politier, the workers noticed that they were no longer being treated properly; their salary was small despite the fact that they worked overtime and had no vacations, and if they were absent due to sickness they were forced to pay a fine.

"They're treating us like slaves!" One of the laborers exclaimed, he had had enough of the abuse of their superiors.

"We should hurt them," another suggested, "like they have done to us."

"No. It will not do us any good. We should try settling calmly and rationally because hurting them will not make us better people."

Soon, most of the workers were headed to the office of Elizabeth Bonnefoy, she was, after all, the one who ruled with an iron fist. They wondered what made her change so much, she used to care about them and treat them like people instead of animals.

"I'm sorry, miss," a guard apologized with a scared yet sympathetic look, "we tried to hold them back."

Elizabeth sighed, she was tired and Francis was not there to help her sort things out. "Alright, send them in."

As the workers entered the room, they were astounded by its beauty and size. It was larger than most of their houses combined!

"Why are you here?" Elizabeth questioned, her actions oozing with class and her voice filled with annoyance.

"We've come here to talk to you," A man, who Elizabeth assumed was their representative, answered, he slowly approached her until he was completely standing in front of her desk, "I am Dean, a representative. I came to talk to you about the way you treat us."

She raised an eyebrow at the poor, trembling man. With an authoritative voice, she questioned, "Do you not find our ways humane?"

He shook in fear. Gulping, he answered, "Some of our workers do not, ma'am."

Elizabeth scoffed however she didn't want to make things worse, so she looked at the man and with a haughty voice, said, "Alright, what do you suggest we do?"

"Well, for starters, you could raise our salary, we can't live on such a small amount of daily salary, even if we work overtime and are always present for work, we cannot support our family."