I Can't Never Find Exactly What I'm Looking For...

·518 words·

Sunday morning. Trees play with the beaming sun as Louis sat on the grass in the middle of his backyard, content, drinking a cool glass of water. He puts the cup down and looks up at the upbeat sky, the winds shoved its way pass Louis taking the sound of a lawn mower away with it. As the winds show Louis the sound of music, the sound of comfort and peace and... Happiness, he smiles. Not for a camera, he smiles for himself. He smiles for the meantime before he has to go back onstage singing another ear sore overplayed song, he smiles for how lucky he is to get his dream job, but he's mostly smiling for how long he hasn't relapsed into addiction for 3 weeks now.

Management eventually found out his addiction when he was sneaking out like always to 'get some fresh air' and caught up with him down an alleyway talking to a dealer, at the time Louis wasn't thinking cause all that was on his mind was just that one thing and nothing more. He was lucky enough they had found him where he was. Any longer and a fan would've found him there, crazed out and twitching like crazy. After that, management was beyond pissed and the boys were shocked that a happy and generous person like Louis would do such things like that.

Little did they know...

He sighs and looks down and watches the condensation of the water ever so slowly drop off the glass and into the grass, disappearing... almost like his smile. He thinks about other things, things that don't matter like how does an ant carry such a huge object, to the things that were like when should he be getting up to get ready for rehearsals.

The sound of grass being stepped on is heard from where Louis sitting,

"We need to get back Louis." a voice said rather gently. "Isn't the sun nice out? Iys been a while since I've done this..." Louis looks up to the sky not bothering to follow Niall's order and reached for his nearly empty cup and finishing out his water, his happiness. It's ironic for Louis because it reminds him of his medication where he has to take withdrawl pills to keep him sane. Almost like drinking his happiness away. Niall sighed in frustration for as he is the one to always get Louis from his house, since he loses himself in his thoughts in his backyard almost everyday "listen Louis we don't have time for this right now we need to get back" he says grabbing onto Louis arms pulling him up from the ground and guiding him back inside his house to get ready. Louis looks back at where he was, where he found what he was looking for, where he was content, the sun beaming down onto Louis spot now hides behinds the clouds, the sound of mowing long gone and silence occupies the wind, And the cup of water still sits there...

With a hint of happiness still left for a single ant.