Prologue:

Prologue: Congratulations

I always loved snow globes ever since I was a little kid.

I enjoyed watching the snow and glitter move around the glass. I remember when I was eight my mother had bought me the biggest snow globe for Christmas one year.

Inside was my favorite Disney princess, Belle, dancing with her beast. I was so happy when I got the snow globe, my parents laughed at me when I jumped like a kangroo when I saw it. It was everything that I could ask for as a kid.

Although Christmas was the time of the year were everyone rejoice each others company, celebrating with friends, spending time with family. This last Christmas, to one of my favorite presents, was tarnish with bitter taste of darkness.

That was the last time my parents were together.

That dumb snow globe that was beautiful and probably the best present i could ever asked for...gone with a horrible memory.

That day was when they were the happiest. Many could see from miles how perfect and happy we look hell, i thought too... and yet behind there biggest smiles they were disloyal to one another. After that beautiful memory, after that one day everything was ruined for my family.

One day, maybe a week later before new years my mom just left the house with her bag clutched in her hand and tears brim her eyes as she walked out of the house without a trace.

Without out no words, my father devastated that he's love of his life was gone. And so was our happy family.

It all started after high school ended. My life fully became not as normal as I thought.

And it started on this day on my graduation day.

It was a windy day in Minnesota, the dry air fanning over my face as I was seated down with the rest of my classmates. Though my small smile was evident, I was barely there to even think about now. My head was far away, as I saw my mother walked in with another man.

Neil was his name.

Step-father, was now his new label.

It's been three years since I've seen my mother, I begged and begged my father for her not to be invited today. But my father John insisted that I let her come.

His excuse, was she gave birth to me.

She's my mother.

What a pathetic excuse.

And yet, I didn't say anything, I just nodded my head giving my father a small tender smile as I gave him a hug that day.

I saw the way he asked me, that sadness beneath his eyes. After all, he's still in love with a woman who will never love him back.

Apparently, Neil made it all too real.

When I was first introduced, I nearly barfed as this stranger, holding on to dear life to my mother in such a tight grip as her childless giggles escaped from her lips. Her eyes deep in love with a different man.

A stranger time no less.

It disgusted me to see her that way.

The anger I feel just looking at her and Neil I can still feel my toes curl.

I remember observing him the first time I met him. Neil was too handsome for his own good. He looks like a frat boy still in college for a forty year old. Total opposite of my father and defiant different type.