Strings- Chapter 2

(A/N: The video I mention in this chapter is entirely fictional :P)

Phil's POV:
I wake up and stay in bed for a few minutes before going to the kitchen to make myself some cereal. Just as I get it out of the cupboard, I sneeze and drop the bowl, which cracks into pieces all over the floor. I groan/laugh at my clumsiness. It can be extremely tiring always tripping over everything and dropping items. Now that I think about it, I haven't made a video about that yet. I should get to it. Maybe I will be able to make someone smile. It makes me smile just thinking about making someone else happy. All my life I've just been average. Phil, the kid who sat in the back of the class and always skipped P.E with the lame excuse of a broken toe. Now I can finally be even just a little bit more than that.
As I get my camera ready, my thoughts drift back to the boy who's been messaging me. I still don't know what he looks like, which is scary because he could be a 40 year old man or something, but he intrigues me in a way that I've never really felt before. I wonder if he'll watch my video today.

Dan's POV:
I get home from school, run to my room and flop onto my bed. Today I made a complete fool of myself in front of the whole class. Why must I have butterfingers? Why did I just have to drop everything I was holding as I was walking into class? Just today I wanted to not feel like a complete failure. I guess that's just not possible. Not for me at least. I can feel a small drop form and roll down my cheek. I let myself cry for a few minutes and hope that the only one who can truly make me smile has uploaded a video today. I drag myself to my computer and go on YouTube. He uploaded a video just seven minutes ago. It's called "THE BREAKFAST FAIL (and more fails)". I click on it and start watching. The first fail is of Phil opening a cupboard, grabbing a bowl and dropping it after sneezing. I laugh, thinking, 'what a dork'. I continue watching Phil's montagey video of clumsy fails and him talking about how hard it is to be clumsy all the time and laughing at himself. I'm still smiling. My humiliation has completely disappeared, the only reminder of it, the dry tear tracks on my skin. He has the ability to make me happy. I must tweet him. "@ AmazingPhil just watched your new video! It was hilarious 😂😂😂" I quickly pressed 'post' before I regretted making it. I hope he replies so I don't look like a total creep. We've been messaging back and forth a bit, but honestly that could be just him being polite, and I don't want him to talk to me because he feels obligated to. I want him to initiate the conversation this time. I know that this way of thinking is foolish, as we've never met and probably never will, but I can dream.

(A/N: Hey guys! Sorry that I haven't been able to update in so long :P I will definitely write more chapters soon and I'm going to start another fic as well 😝)