One.

~~~~~~

I hate rain.

I hate how it's Loud against Windows.

I hate how it has that hypnotic rhythm that put you to sleep or worse made you think.

I was realizing this hatred as my mom was driving with me lazily slouched in the passenger seat.
She was taking me to a restaurant to meet...I forgot I wasn't really listening. But I'm sure their important because my mom had work to do and she set it aside which is beyond rare.
I slip my earplugs out of my ears when we pull up to a Red Lobster
Reaching for the door handle I jerk at it just for it to snap back.
"Mom door" I groan because this happens often "it's locked"

"I know" she says calmly "Armani, we are meeting a very important couple and their nephew."

I shrugged effortlessly "ooooook and..."

"And...me and your father have agreed to take this boy into our responsibility."

"Oook an-" I then realize what just came out of her mouth and all amusement faded as fast as it appeared from my voice "what! Mom! No! Do you even know these people!"

She smiled brightly. Something my well put together mom did often "I'm glad your happy about this"

My eyes widen "But I'm not!"

She then took that moment to unlock the door and exit the car. Rolling my eyes I knew it was too late to fight her on this.

My mom confidently strides into the restaurant with her head high with an umbrella blocking the rain. I lugged my way behind her with just a simple black jacket with the hood on picturing this homeless boy who's going to live with me. My mom takes us to our reserved booth where a man and woman were already seated. I tugged on a strand of hair (nervous habit #1) as we sat across from them after a short greeting I realized the "boy" was no where in sight. Funny.

"So you must be Armani?" The woman says softly. She had this laid back feeling about her, total opposite of my mom. She had long blonde wavy hair but she had brown eyes she wore a classy red lip but had a white button down top that made her look quite casual and she had a bit of a British undertone in her voice.

"Yep that's me" i shot a smile at her. "Armani Shaye"

She seems amused by my quirkiness "you are a very pretty girl" she grinned "you don't see pure beauty a lot these days"

"Thank you" and before I knew it a boring adult conversation made its way in and I took that moment to excuse myself to the bathroom.
Once I was out of sight from the booth and near the back of the restaurant where the bathrooms were. I made my way to the long hallway that lead to the bathroom when I passed a closet that smelt like smoke.

Just keep waking, mind your own business

Biting my lip I reached for the door handle.

Yeah right I'm nosey as fuck.

I pushed open the door to see a tall boy smoking leaned up against the wall of this closet full of cleaning supplies.

We make eye contact his face was blank. No surprise, no guilt, it was emotionless. He had dark brown almost black hair that was in a short quiff but long enough run my hands through...wait what...and has that jaw line that seemed like if you slid your finger across it you would be sliced in two. And his eyes, they were a dazzling blue but seemed more green, it was quite mesmerizing.

"Don't you know not to go into places that say employees only nosey?"

I scoff "you don't look much like an employee" I retort "and I have a name and its definitely not nosey."

He parted his mouth but closed it and it formed into a sly smirk and at that moment I realized his lips were the perfect shade of a rosy red.

"And what idiot smokes in the back of a restaurant!" I add

He takes a long puff of his intoxicating cigarette and blows a ring of smoke out causing me to go into coughing fit for a few short seconds.

"You talk a lot" he says blankly "do you ever stop to breathe?"

I roll my eyes "I obviously shouldn't have came in here" I turn on my heel "enjoy your death stick"

Before I can reach for the door he grabs the handle and holds it shut. Swirling back around my breath hitches when I realize he's right behind me and too close for comfort.

But he smells like heaven.

I ignore my thoughts "what the hell are you doing" I snap.

He licks his lips before he speaks "what's your name?"

"Excuse me?" I say bluntly

"What-is-your-name" he says slowly like I'm dumb and can't comprehend his words.

" Armani, but that's none of your concern because I'll never see you again so if you will excuse me I have to return to my dinner becaus-"

"Armani huh?" He interjects.

"Yep, that's the name. Can I leave no-"

"Well Armani, since I'll never see you again, you're beautiful" he interrupts again.

"Um, I-uh t-thank you...?"

"See you around Armani" and that smirk slid across his dazzling face again. and before I could comprehend he pushed the door open and I stumbled out.

I didn't even look at him again and dashed off back to the direction of my table sliding into the booth next to my mom. They didn't seem to even notice my absence. So I took that time to look down at my phone.

"Hello Mrs. Shaye thank you for letting me stay at your house"

No this cannot be happening

I snap my head up to the familiar voice.

It's happening

Our eyes lock again.

"And this must be your daughter, Armani" he sticks a hand out for me to shake "nice to meet you I'm Gray Collins" that sly smirk slides on his mouth like a snake.

Dammit.