Chapter 6

(A/N: Please reread the whole chapter, if you already have read it, as I've changed some stuff. Enjoy!! :) PS, PLEASE read the Author's Note at the end. Okay bye now.)

Demi's POV

So, I officially adopted Courtney last week. She is so helpful and kind to the my young kids! It's finally the Christmas season! Wilmer and I are taking breaks from work to spend time with our kids and families, but still finishing up some things.

Courtney is at school right now and I have to pick her up soon, but then she will be on a 5 week break for Christmas and New Year's.

I'm currently waiting for Isabella's preschool class to get out with Eli. I'm bouncing him on my lap, while he's laughing a loud laugh. Similar to mine, but younger and more boy-ish-er. The door opens suddenly and out runs 23 tiny preschoolers to their moms and/or dads. Even though it's Friday, Wilmer is back in New York, filming a new show. He got to come home for a week and he and Courtney got really close, mostly because she is a tomboy.

"Mommy?" Isabella calls, lightly hitting my leg. I straighten up and see her teacher, Mrs. Robinson, talking to me.

"Huh? Can you repeat that, please?" I politely ask. She nods and repeats what I wasn't listening to. "Isabella is getting teased in class. I heard something about you and her father earlier today."

"What?" I raise my voice scaring my little children. I ask, through my gritted teeth "Who did this to Isabella?"

"Emma and Rebecca Johnson, William Swift-Harris, and Marley Davidson." Mrs. Robinson nervously says.

I glance at the time on my phone. Shit! "I'll just have to call Taylor, Melanie, and Candice. Bye, we have to go." I say rushed. I pick up Eli and take Isabella's hand and quickly walk out of the school.

I drive over to the middle school and see Courtney coming out. I get out of the car and stand in front of it. Courtney runs over to me and I embrace her in a hug.

"How was school, Court?" I smile, letting go of my thirteen year old daughter.

She smiles back "It was boring as usual. Did you get some new songs written?"

We get in the car and I answer "Yes, in fact, I finished three songs. Are you ready for your first Christmas with us, Courtney Elizabeth Lovato-Valderrama?" I start driving home.

"That I am indeed, Mother." She replies. "When is Dad supposed to be home again?"

"Sunday, Court. Don't worry, he'll be here. He wouldn't miss Christmas with us for the world." I reassure her. "So, Courtney, we have a little Christmas tradition at the house of Lovato-Valderrama.-"

"Oh no." She cuts me off.

I ignore her comment and continue "We have our families over, stay in our special Christmas onesies all day, and relax with our family. How does that sound?"

She pretends to think the rest of the way home, which was only about two and half minutes. "Sounds good to me. I have a Christmas word search and crossword to do for homework." She goes inside and probably up to her temporary room.

I get Eli and Isabella out of the car and take them inside. "Izzy, would you like a snack?"

"Goldfish and juice!" She shouts excitedly and I pour some Goldfish crackers into a bowl and pour apple juice into two sippy cups, knowing Eli will want some too. I set all three items on the table.