Chapter XII : The Truth

| J H E N E |

After Kiera went upstairs to take a shower I decided to go ahead and grant Julian his wish . I walked upstairs into the guest room. He was doing push-ups and I leaned on the door frame to watch .

" It's a habit .. Ain't shit to do in jail but think and workout . I wasn't for all that thinking shit ." He said not even looking up .

" Sounds interesting " I faked nonchalantly , but I was staring him down . " What is it you'll like to discuss ?" I asked

He stood up quickly and wiped his face with the towel . He tied his hair up again and sat down on the bed . I sat beside him and his scent immediately hit me . It was so familiar . I mean it use to be on my skin all day long. I couldn't get it out of my life when we stayed together , and now it's back . I caught the moan that was about to escape my throat and looked at my phone .

" I think we should talk about the Drica conversation ." He whispered

" why now ? " I asked

" Cause I'm about to loose the best thing that's ever happened to me " he replied looking at me sadly . I rolled my eyes.

" your daughter will always be yours .. No way you can loose her ."

" I meant you Jhene " he sighed

" No , I'm no longer the most important thing , actually I doubt I ever was !" I semi yelled

" Don't even say that shit because you was !"

" NO DRICA WAS ! " I yelled

" Jhene let me....-" I cut him off

" No Julian let ME explain . I was your home . I was where the heart was I was the one you wanted to marry all that , but it still wasn't enough ? You loved her . You couldn't let her walk out of your life again , but you didn't tell me .. Scratch that COULDNT tell me ! You didn't have the fucking balls to tell me you were still in love with her !" I cried

" Your not making any sense Jhene . If I loved her why did I kill her for YOU ? Why did i do time for YOU !" He yelled

" YOU DID TIME FOR YOU ! Tell me Julian and you promise me , you put this on your mothers grave ! If I never got pregnant , and Drica told you she was would you have left me ? Would you have left me to raise that baby with her ? " I asked quietly .

He just dropped his head . He didn't look at me . He took deep breathes and contemplated his answer while I already knew .

" ANSWER ME ! BE A MAN ! WOULD YOU ?" I screamed

" YES ! Okay ! Yes I would've been with her because I know how it feels to grow up in a broken home !" He stressed

" And I didn't ? My daddy was no where to be found for 13 years ! " I cried " You just loved her more than me , but you couldn't let her ruin your perfect family plan . "

" I love you Jhene .. I always have " Julian cried .

He sobbed and he repeated himself over and over again . Every time he said it I felt my heart break a little more . I felt Atlanta overstepping her boundaries . I felt Mark's body peeling away from mines . I felt the old , weak Jhene coming back ... And it made me sick .

" I think you should leave soon. This isn't healthy for us anymore " I explained

" I just want to be around my daughter Jhene ."

" then find a house , an apartment , anything but this .. This isn't happening anymore . WE can't happen anymore . You broke that "

I quickly left the room and started walking down the hallway . I saw Kiera with a worried look on her face .

" Is everything ok ?" I asked

" Mark just ran outside . This is NOT how I wanted to meet him ."

My heart felt like it was breaking . I've never felt this pain , not even with Julian . I ran past Kiera and down the stairs . When I reached the front door , I pulled it open quickly and walked towards Mark .

" Mark please wait " I cried out

" What Jhene ? I don't have time , I can't do this ." He stated

" Do what Mark ? What did I do !" I cried

" This back and forth shit with him ! You can have him if I'm not enough " Mark pounded on his chest .

He broke down in front of me . This was a man , this was really happening in front of me .

" I want to be with you , I feel the need to be with you . You & that little girl making me happy , and I haven't been happy since talia ." He looked into my eyes as he spoke , " but I can't live knowing that at any moment my happiness might leave me for misery ."

  His words hit me like a ton of bricks . I broke down crying as I reached for him . He pushed me away slightly and I wrapped my arms tighter around him and cried in his chest .

" No No No .. Don't do this ma . Don't get me attached and walk off .. Don't ." He repeated over and over .

" I got you Mark . I want you baby . Just let me love you I can .. I swear just stop pushing me away ." I pleaded

  He looked into my eyes as he took his two thumps and wiped the tears out of my eyes . He looked deep into my eyes and kissed my lips . He pecked once slowly and then again . Then final time , he pulled me tighter into him and pushed his face in my neck .

" You got me ma " he whispered

I closed my eyes and mouthed , " thank you God " slowly . I vowed to not back track . I would keep my distance from Julian so I wouldn't hurt him .  I heard someone clear their throat and looked up .

  " Khelani's awake , Julian is packing up Soo .." Kiera spoke

" I'm coming in .. " I replied and she nodded .

I grabbed Mark's hand and walked into the house quietly . Julian was at the bottom of the stairs staring at us . Mark mugged Julian as he slowly walked up the stairs . Julian scoffed and I stopped beside him , Mark continued walking .

" So this what it is huh ?" He asked

" This is it .." I replied

" Remember this Jhene ... That's MY fucking daughter and I made her !"

" Okay Julian .. Anything else ?" I asked nonchalantly .

He walked towards the door slowly and chuckled softly . He opened the door then looked up at me .

" I made you too bitch .. Remember that ."

And with that he slammed the door . Leaving me and my bruised self esteem on weak . Just when you thought you we were over the insecurity story.

-----

Comment

Happy Holidays

Vote