Chapter 11

Last of Us- Chapter 11

Turns out, that I had a panic attack. I'd woken up about three hours later at around 1 A.M., to find about ten faces surrounding me, staring at me intently. I'd wondered who'd half of them were, why they were staring at me, but I knew I'd be quickly introduced because I was wide awake then. Three days of sleep can do that to a person. I saw a few familiar faces. Noah, Alexus, Emma, Zeke and of course Braxton. Marlene, a nurse, was also in there, checking my vitals, and I was introduced to a dark skinned girl named Amelia, who was extremely tall and fit. And a bulky look boy named Mason, who reminded me a lot of Aaron in a way, if you take away his hair. We'd sat there talking for an hour or two before everyone finally went back to the dorms, or their apartments. Braxton stayed true to his promise, and did as much as he could to suppress any feelings or thoughts that he had throughout the night. But I saw the look he had sometime. The look like he just wanted them to get out, at some moments I couldn't have agreed more. Braxton told the others that he'd be leaving in just a moment, but he'd stayed by my side all night.

It's been a week since then, and I will be leaving the camp soon, sometime today. I've already told everyone about it, but the dread still fills within me. I have nowhere to go. Braxton has insisted that he's going with me, but I continuously try to convince him not to. I would never try to put his life at risk for the needs of my own. I was situated that Emma would stay of course, but I'd take Lizzy with me. Emma and I talked about, we were going to leave Lizzy with her, but I couldn't leave her without any of her family, when everyone else is already gone. Braxton and I have taken it slow, but the only reason we haven't gone any further is because of the guard standing outside of my room all day and night. So we've left it at make outs, and touching. Though I am dreading having to find a place to stay again, all I've wanted since the second I got here is to leave. I don't trust these people. For the mean time, I got Braxton to agree that he's staying here, which is all I was really worried about. As for my injuries, they were surprisingly minimal. I had a gash on the side of my head, which now leaves a star shaped scar on my temple. I had a broken rib, or at least cracked, which is why that area was hurting, but it's gotten better over time. And the worst of it was my head; there was some brain damage upon the impact, which probably contributed to the coma and panic attack. But everything is somewhat better now. As for Zeke, he amazingly came out only with the cut across his forehead

Deep in my thoughts, sunken somewhere that I'd prefer not to return from but I do. I'm called out of my slumberous mind, by a deep voice. I look towards the door to find the guard who has so kindly guarded my door for the past week, joined by two others, ready to escort me out. The guards had told Braxton to leave the room in about an hour, which he did, unwillingly, but he did. So I was left alone, only with my thoughts. Alexus brought me some clothes last night, which I changed into this morning as I was too tired to last night, to discover that they wrapped a pocket knife between the materials, which I am now thankful for. I push the sheet off that was lazily resting on my legs, and move, so they're dangling off the edge. I stare at my feet for a moment or two before standing. I feel weak, my legs feel like jelly beneath me as they wobble a bit, and I'm suddenly unsure how I'm supposed to save myself when I can barely walk. "Time to go, Eliana" the one guard says, I find his eyes sympathetic. I go over to them, and he grabs my arm. I know I have the knife hidden between my dark jeans that cling to my skin, and the leather of my boots, but I don't use it. I know it's no use. I let the guards practically drag me around the hallways, not paying any attention to where they're taking me. I'd told them days ago that my sister would be going with me, so I assumed that's where they were taking me. I pay no attention until I find that I'm outside, the air, which has steadily become colder, the wind prickling my skin. I turn to them to find their blank faces, the one still sympathetic, but I don't want his sympathy.