Chapter 12 ***EDITED***

Chapter Twelve: Great. Now we're fugitives

***** Night Time (No one's P.O.V) *****
After the medusa, the gang were off to the Parthenon in Nashville. Grover drove with Percy and Annabeth asleep in the front and Stacey asleep in the back.

Grover tried to fight but had unfortunately fallen asleep at the wheel, turning the truck into the wrong lane directly in front of a much larger truck. The trucker honked his horn at them a few times before everyone jumped out of their sleep in panic.

In the panic, Stacey slid into a piece of broken metal, that rested in the back with her, and cut her wrist.

Grover finally gotten back onto the correct lane. "Let's stop for the night! Let's stop for the night! Oh my god." Percy said. Grover agreed.

Stacey held her wrist tightly to try and stop or slow down the bleeding. Her breathing got heavy, considering she wasn't very comfortable with the sight of blood, especially the amount of it coming from her wrist.

"Grover! I need you to step on it." Stacey's order dripped with pain.

Percy looked at her confused. "Stace you okay?" He asked scanning her body in search of the cause for her distress. His eyes landing on the blood that flowed through her fingers from her wrist.

"No I don't think so. I feel a little woozy." She said. His eyes widened. "Grover floor it!" Percy nearly yelled considering they had no first aid equipment with them. Grover did as told. They were at the hotel in a matter of minutes.

***** Stacey's P.O.V *****
After we got a room, Grover bandaged my wrist. It was throbbing in pain.

"So are you going to tell him? Because I would love to. Can I tell him?" Grover said.

"Really Grover I thought you said you would leave it alone." I stated.

"Yea I said that but I also said that I would if you talked to him about it and you didn't so I'm not leaving it alone." He said.

"Oh my god! Fine! You win. I'll probably never tell him so go ahead." I said.

"Oh no you don't. I said that just to tease. You are not backing out of this one. You're telling him yourself. I'll be there with you. Don't worry." He said.

"Thanks Grover." I said. I turned the news on and couldn't believe what I saw. "Uh, Grover please get Percy in here now?" I asked. "Why?" He said. Then he looked at the tv and went to the balcony that faced the pool.

"Percy! You might want to get in here man! This is ugly! Hurry up!" He yelled.

A couple of minute later Grover came back into the room followed by Percy and Annabeth.

I looked at Annabeth and noticed that the very noticeable bruise she had gotten on her wrist from Medusa's lair was gone. I quickly looked at my lap as my thoughts started to take off.

Did Percy heal her the same way he had healed himself during the battle at camp? With the water?

Well obviously! They were together at the pool and now her bruise is gone.

Why didn't he think to heal me? I was cut and bleeding out. I'm still bleeding. I still have a gash on my shoulder. But he healed her bruise?

My thoughts were interrupted when Percy sat beside me on the bed and Annabeth sat next to him.

"We're on tv." I said.

On the news Gabe was talking to a reporter.

"So Mr. Ugliano talk to me about your son Percy Jackson and his girlfriend Stacey Carter." The reporter said.

"No he's not my son. He's a stepson. He didn't come from these loins. Ever since Stacey started him with the drugs and the acohol he never been the same. I always told Percy that Stacey was trouble but he never listened to me." Gabe said. My mouth dropped. "Oh no." Percy said.

"Five nights ago they tried to kill me and he threw his mother on the ground and Stacey slapped her across the face and kicked her. Then their cripple friend then attacked me from behind and knocked me out. When I woke up Sally was gone. She was kidnapped by Stacey and Percy." Gabe finished.

"Shut up Gabe." Percy said turning off the tv.

"Great. Now we're fugitives." I said. "See? That's what I'm talking about. Gabe's always running his mouth. He's just mad because I busted him up with my crunches." Grover said walking to the bathroom.

Then he groaned. I looked at him.

"Guys I can't pee with her watching me." He complained holding medusa's head.

"Dude just turn her head the opposite way." I said with a small laugh. He glared at me.

Then the sound of rattling came toward our window. We all looked at it. Then a maid walked by and looked in our window at Grover who was still holding medusa's head. Then she started screaming and ran.

Annabeth and I quickly closed the curtains and looked at Grover.

"Sorry guys. I messed up. I should've closed the curtains." He said.

"Come on. Let's hit the road." Annabeth said.

"Yeah before Homeland security shows up." I added. We waisted no more time packing up our things and leaving.