Chapter One

I took in the scenery around me. The tall grass in the morning light. The pale sky as the sun rose to color it in pastel shades. The sun reflecting off the calm waters.
I let out a calming breath, approaching the waters edge. I stared down at my sad reflection.
My silver hair hanging down into my eyes and to my lower back. I pushed them out of my sight, looking into the water. My ears twitched, reminding me of what I was. I knelt down, gazing at my still form.
My hazel eyes peered back at me. They held the sadness I had held onto for my lifetime.
Sadness that lurked, ready to tear free.
I looked up out of curiosity as saw a woman with an arrow aimed at my heart.
I didn't recognize her. Instead of running, like every fiber of my being intoned, I raised an eyebrow and slowly approached the female.
"Don't you know that it is rude to point weapons at strangers?" I chuckled, despite my rising fear. "How about an introduction?"
She let out a tiny sound of disbelief.
"The creature seems to be able to speak..." She mused to herself.
I ran my gaze down her body, checking for more weapons. I started at her bare feet, making my way to her waist. So far only a rope. Her full chest held nothing to the imagination, yet showed no signs of danger.
I made my gaze go to her eyes, a deep purple shade. They seemed to be fitting with her ebony curls. She chuckled at my staring.
"Fascinated?" She asked, a light edge in her tone.
"Lower your weapon." I demanded. I paused a moment before adding, "Please."
She seemed angry about something.
"I'll ask you this one question: Would you like to meet your brother?"
I nodded, cautiously. She had a weapon, and I didn't.
With a sigh, she sheathed the arrow and put her bow on her back.
"So, do you know your brother?" She asked.
"No. Neither do I know you." She nodded like that was enough.
"My name is Kae. And yours?"
"Fang. White Fang."
She gave me a sweet smile, sickly sweet.
"Oh, you as are the dead Kings favored son."
"Don't see how. Never spoke to my father."
She grinned. What was this woman up to?
"Oh, you'll see soon."
Did she just read my mind?
"No, I can just see the confusion on your face." I blinked in shock.
"Let's go." She began walking. In a daze I had to hurry to catch up.
How was she so fast?...