Fake Smiles and Stupid Lies (Better Version) (BoyxBoy)

(Author's Note): Hello everyone! This is a newer/better version of Fake Smiles and Stupid Lies -the same one as my old account, just longer and more detailed. So please, if you know someone who read the old version, send them to this one and have them read it and tell me what you think. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Please remember to Vote, Comment, and Fan me (on this account) if you haven't already. Thank you once again. <3

*Want to be a Breather?*

*Comment on my profile and I’ll add you to my personal VIP list. All VIP’s will get behind the writings details on all of my characters and maybe even a special appearance! ALSO all Breathers get fanned back <3*

Chistopher --->

Prologue

            “Who the hell do they think they are?” My father chuckled with disbelief as he stared at the TV. He grabbed the TV remote from the coffee table beside him and turned the volume up so he could hear what was happening on the news. I peaked over the edge of my nine hundred page novel, inadvertently watching the TV. “Olivia, they’re at it again,” he hissed, calling for my mother to come into our grand living room. As soon as she was in the room, my father began to rant like he always did. “Those Goddamn faggots think they will get their way by protesting at the state capital. They’ll never get anything they want! They don’t deserve it!” He started to shout, anger filling his tone of voice.

            I nibbled at my lip as I returned my gaze back down to my book, trying my best to pay attention to what I was reading instead of the blaring flat screen TV. My mother sat down on the loveseat next to my father’s recliner, wiping her flour covered hands on her floral apron. I couldn’t help it; I glanced over the top of my book again, staring at the TV with narrowed eyes. My father laughed hysterically as a bunch of homosexuals of both genders crowded the streets in a few towns over. I bit down on my lip and changed my attention toward my parents who were grinding their teeth fiercely, cursing under their breaths.

            “W-why should it matter if they want the right to get married?” I asked my father, causing him to narrow his eyes toward me. “I mean, they’re humans too, right?” My voice became unsteady as I saw a rant growing inside of my father’s eyes.

            He chuckled loudly; his raspy laugh echoing through the fairly large room before hitting my ears. “No, not even close!” He couldn’t stop laughing. I wasn’t sure if he was laughing at me, or at the topic in general. In my head, I told myself he was the worst father and the worst man to ever live on this planet. I wish I could tell him how I felt, but I knew that if I even tried, he would do whatever he could to get rid of me. “They’re Goddam demons for pete’s sake!” His chuckled turned into a sour growl of disapproval, causing me to flinch a little. “I want to get rid of every single one of them.”

            The room suddenly became silent other than the man on the news who continued to talk about the situation with no opinion. Before my father could start another unpleasant rant, I stood from the comfortable white sofa I had been sitting on and made my way to the grand staircase on the other side of the room. I couldn’t handle my father anymore. He was being his natural homophobic self along with my mother who only followed him because he was rich. I wasn’t like them in the slightest, but everyone just assumed that I was.

            The second I stepped foot into my bedroom, i closed the door and locked it, leaning up against the light wood and slowly sliding to the floor. I ran my fingers through my perfectly fixed, sandy blonde hair as I took a deep breath. “What am I trying to hide?” I asked myself, slamming the back of my head against the door and tightly closing my eyes. “I know that gay people aren’t bad, but I can't help but feel that they are,” I mumbled, slowly opening my eyes again.

            I carefully stood to my feet and walked into the bathroom that was connected to my room, leaning up against the counter and gazing at myself in the mirror. As I picked away at my flawless face, I realized how much my parents loved to control me. They forced me to believe things that I didn’t want to, made me dress and act a certain way, and eat dietary meals even though I was as skinny as a twig. They imagined me to be the snobby rich kid sort of child who was arranged to marry a successful girl of their choice. I had no say in my pathetic life whatsoever.

            I adjusted the thick black glasses that sat on the bridge of my slightly too wide of a nose, continuing to stare at myself in the mirror. Every comment that slipped from my parent’s lips harmed me more than they knew. Every joke they made killed me inside; cutting me down and strangling me. I just couldn’t deal with them anymore.

            And the worst part about it all was that my own parents, the ones that raised me to be who I am today, were the ones that I was keeping a dark secret from. They were the ones that I was supposed to trust with everything, yet I couldn’t even bear to tell them my one and only secret without facing deadly consequences. I was completely and utterly afraid of them and who they were.

            Because, I was gay.

(Author's Note): Thank you once again for reading. Please tell me what you think in the comments. ALSO, if you liked it, please vote, it will help me out a lot. FAN ME!

*Want to be a Breather?*

*Comment on my profile and I’ll add you to my personal VIP list. All VIP’s will get behind the writings details on all of my characters and maybe even a special appearance! ALSO all Breathers get fanned back <3*