Chapter Two: The Silence Before The Storm

Violet Hale

I woke up to find myself tangled between my - Sage's - comforter and bedspread. Yeah, I was planning to tuck the bedspread neatly before sleeping but due to circumstances like being sleepy made me lazy.

And I highly regret not tucking the bedspread.

So, before Sage sees this, I got up and tidied the bed by tucking the bedspread and folding the comforter. Then, putting my long hair into a bun, I hopped into the shower and started brushing my teeth. I really don't care if you judge me, but I brush my teeth in the shower. After bathing, I wrapped myself in a comfy towel and walked into the room after drying my feet.

Changing into my PJs, I ran downstairs towards the kitchen, to find Sage cook pancakes. Ooh, the smell is so tempting!

"Sage! Honey, where's your little brother?" Sage's Mom, Aunt Priscilla, asked.

Sage, holding the frying pan, turned and replied, "Samuel is being a big pain, Mum. I have no idea whatsoever! I told him to help, but all he did was throw eggs at our neighbor's window!"

I chuckled. Samuel, Sage's younger brother, is sure as hell good with this.

"'Tis not funny, Vivi."

I stopped laughing, but continued to smile.

"Sweetheart, did you sleep well last night?" Aunt Priscilla asked.

I nodded. "I slept well."

"Your brother, Ray, is waiting in the living room to pick you up."

Sage whined.

"Oh, Ray! Can't she stay a little longer?" Sage called out to Ray, my brother.

He chuckled.

"Nope." He replied, popping the p.

"Do I get time to change into something better?" I called.

"Your PJs are modest enough for crossing the road to home on the other side."

Sage sighed deeply.

"Okay, guess it's goodbye." She sadly whispered to me, giving me a hug.

I chuckled, but nevertheless, hugged her back.

"Not for long, for we have a 2 month summer before junior year." I whispered, excitedly.

We broke the hug and I waved her bye as my brother took me back home, on the other side of the street.

When we barge in our house - as usual - my Mom shrieks.

I sigh. "Perfect timing."

My Mom only shrieks when she sees a cockroach. Don't worry, Mom. You're not alone.

Even I fear cockroaches.

Ray chuckled. "Another one?"

"ANOTHER ONE!" My Mom's voice boomed from the kitchen.

"Ookay, I am not entering the kitchen till that's sorted out." I march upstairs to my bedroom. I walked over to my bed and jumped over it, to land on my back, facing the wall above me as I put both my hands under my head.

I am pretty proud of myself to ace in my sophomore year, even though I messed up in the first half of the year. Science is my passion, and I worked hard for that. Now, currently waiting for our results as to whether I got the stream or not.

Sage's passion: Commerce. She loves commerce along with Math. So, if good luck is with us, if we get our streams, then we will at least get to meet each other in Math, Gym, Art and Lunch. Not only that, Sage and I have also registered membership for the Teen Club, which is sort of like a good one, where we get to achieve our interests along with our friends and hang out at the same time.