Chapter 4

‘Kimberley, I’m not sure what to tell you but we would like it if you could go home today but it seems that there is noone to look after you and makesure that you are ok at home. In fact, only one person has come to see you in hospital and that seems to be the one person that you don’t want to see! So where else is there you can go?’ the doctor continued to point out his issues. Kimberley stared back at the doctor before looking down at her lap, fiddling with her bandages. ‘So basically my family don’t want me at home because they think im suicidal? Ive only done it once and I won’t do it again’ Kim screamed. The doctor sighed, ‘that’s what every suicidal victim we see says Kim, I’m sorry’ the doctor smiled sympathetically before slipping out of the room.

Kim continued to stare at her lap until she heard the door creak open. Cheryl slowly walked in, her hair was a mess and eyes were red and swollen, it was obvious she had been crying. ‘You can stay with me’ she whispered, Kim just stared at her, ‘what? I don’t really see that working out, do you? Why would you want me the victim staying with you?’ Kim questioned with an exasperated look on her face. Cheryl sighed and looked towards the floor before looking back up, staring Kim straight into the eye, ‘Because I love you’ Cheryl screamed. Kim stared, opening and closing her mouth a few times. ‘You love me? You have a *Ducking* good way of showing it! Everytime we have kissed or had sex, you’ve spread rumours about me and treated me like sh!t the next day! In fact, you’ve just treated me like sh!t in *Ducking* general!’ Kim screamed before lowering her tone; ‘the last tim e we slept together, you told everyone I raped you, now that’s a big accusation right? After that, it wasn’t just you anymore, everyone else treated me like sh!t too! When it was just you four, I could live with it but not when it was everyone’.

Kim continued to cry, tears streaming down her cheeks. Cheryl walked over and sat on the edge of the edge of the bed next to Kim. ‘I am so sorry Kim, I went too far, I know that. I sorry for all the bad sh!t I said and did to you! I was just scared’ Cheryl cried. ‘Scare of what’ Kim screamed back, ‘scared of being treated differently, scared of how people would treat me if they knew who or what I really was’ Cheryl continued. ‘What a lesbian? Or just someone who was shagging the school reject? Because they really wouldn’t have accepted that would they?’ Kim yelled. Cheryl just burst into tears before looking back at Kim, ‘I didn’t mean it like that! I was scared of coming out, of having to tell people’ Cheryl explained. Kim just rolled her eyes, ‘and telling people that you were with me would have made it ten times worst’. Cheryl shook her head continuously, ‘Nooo, I promise you that had nothing to do with it, Ive fallen in love with you’ she cried. Kim just raised her eyes, ‘prove it Cheryl because you really haven't given me any reason to believe you to be honest’ Kim snapped as Cheryl continued to cry.

‘Miss Wright, the head wants to see Kimberley Walsh’ came a voice from the doorway. Kim got up and followed the girl out of the door. They walked in silence until they reached the head teachers office. Kim knocked before entering, ‘Hey Mrs Brown, you wanted to see me’ she asked quietly before noticing the three other people in the room. ‘We have had some accusations against us and I would like to ask you a few questions’ said one of the police officers. Kim just stared open mouthed completely confused. ‘W-w-what sort of accusations?’ Kim asked quietly, ‘sexual assault’ stated the officer, ‘What? I n-n-never sexually assaulted anyone’ Kim stammered. The officer just stared at her, ‘well Cheryl Tweedy claims that you did and we need to carry out this line of enquiry’ he continued. Kim took deep breaths as she felt her whole world collapse around her.

Cheryl slipped off the bed and slid onto the chair, tears still streaming down her face. ‘I told the police and I told school that I’d lied, everyone now knows the truth about that, please Kim, give us another chance’ Cheryl begged, ‘I’ll be better I promise’ she cried. Kim took a deep breath, ‘I don’t know Cheryl, how can I be with someone who treated me like that, you are just a bully! Plus, how can I be with someone who doesn’t want to tell anyone about our relationship? I don’t want to live a lie! I don’t want to be with someone who is embaressed of me’ Kim stated. ‘I can be better, I promise and we can tell people, I’ll tell everyone, I swear’ Cheryl cried. Kim raised her eyes and bit her lip, ‘yeah, I’ll believe that when I see it’.