Friendly Feinds

Andy walked out of the jail slowly, knowing these little pests called officers couldn't touch him, smiling, giggling, he gathers his things from the warden. He smiled at his hard, cold stare.

Akane sits crouched down near a shady tree. Her bright hair flows in the slight wind. Her hand was, like always, clutched to the handle of her sword. She never felt safe in public, so she was always ready to attack potential targets.

Smirking to himself, Andy leaves the jailhouse. He knew his well thought out alibi would get him off of his murder charge, he was smarter than every one of those judges back in that godforsaken court room, took them long enough. But his thoughts were momentarily interrupted by the sight of a young girl with...a sword?

The demon glances around the area, her senses sharp. She glances over to see a man whom she did not know. Her grip tightened on the sword. Not taking any chances, she thought to herself.

'This is 2013,' thought the ex-con, 'who uses swords anym-' but before he could even finish his thought process, he began walking toward the girl. She seemed to...intrigue him. No one has ever caught his attention so suddenly like this.

She shifts as she notices him walking towards her. She ensheathes her weapon, ready to attack if necessary.

He watches he body movements closely, knowing how girls tend to tense up and get ready to run when approached by a strange man, yet she didn't seem to be that scared, she was even preparing herself to attack him. "Hello? Umm, you there." He said, maybe this will calm her down.

Akane jumps up and in a flash has her sword pointed at the stranger. "Don't come any closer," she says threateningly. She definitely did not trust the man, especially since he had just exited the jailhouse.

Andy didn't flinch, he expected this, judging my her fidgets with her sword before. Instead he flashed his crime-exiting signature smile, and raised his hand in hope to stop her from killing him. "Im sorry if I disturbed you, but your sword, it was interesting."

Her face immediately changed at his words. She lowers her sword a bit, but not much, as she still did not completely trust him. "What do you mean?" she asks.

Noticing her lack of aggression toward him now, he slowly walks toward the bench she was sitting in just moments ago. "Where did you get it from? Where are you from? Who are you? Why are you here?" Andy stopped himself. He's going to far, he just has so many questions for this strange girl that seems to be boggling his mind. "shit" he whispered under his breath.

She grins as he begins asking the multiple questions. Maybe he wasn't as bad as most humans. "Haha, humans are so funny sometimes," she says without thinking. Almost instantly, she clasps a hand over her mouth. "I should not have said that.." she says, her voice muffled.

Andy's eyes widened, he usually is in control of his expressions but, this one, he never heard before. "I knew you were interesting." He grins "Are you using 'humans' in a rebellious, vegan, fuck the media type of way or" he walks toward her a little more, so he can whisper. "Are you...not human?"

"Well, you're already suspicious," she begins. "No, I'm not human." She flips the weapon so the blade is facing the ground. She raises it, so she can forcefully stab the ground with it. The red-haired girl rested one hand on the handle and the other on her hip.

She seemed so confident. He realised that she wasn't just another teenager and as it all registered in his mind, he gasped in surprise, and quickly covered his mouth. Why was this girl, or thing, changing his social patterns this much? "If you don't mind me asking, where are you from? If not earth."

She hesitated, not really wanting to answer. She was a demon, after all. We all know where demons are from. She takes a minute, but eventually answers. "About that... I'm from Hell."

"REALLY?" Andy couldn't help but laugh and jump around like an excited fan-girl nowadays. Years of believing in immortality and things beyond these idiots he walked among, AT LAST, he has found proof, and someone that he might fit in with. "ARE THERE MORE LIKE YOU? CAN I GET TO HELL?" Realising he just screamed his fairy-tale like questions to the world for normal street-walkers to hear, and stare, he calmed himself down. Yet he couldn't contain this newfound excitement.

She chuckles at his excitement. "I'm afraid you can't go there, but there are many more like me," she explains. "We all have different specialties, too. My friend has the power of charm." She'd never told a stranger this much information. Suddenly, she realised that she'd never got his name. "Wait, who are you?"

"Your friend? POWERS?!" Andy chose to ignore the demons question, he just got out of jail, he shouldn't be having contact until he gets his life straight again, like he always does after he's let out of jails. But the way she was looking at him, he felt the need to want to know her too. "Andrew, but people either call me Drew or Andy. But mostly Andy." He held out his hand for her to shake, and added a wink, hoping she wouldn't take his advance as a threat and potentially chop his arm off.

She shakes his hand slightly hesitant. "Akane," she introduces herself. "I can take you back to where I live, if you'd like... Just, don't do anything funny, I will not hesitate to kill you." She felt like she'd made her point then, she wasn't afraid of him.

This was too much, Andy felt as if his words were clogged into his throat. "Y-YES PLEASE!" He cleared his throat. "I mean yea, sure I would love to. And what is your name? If your have one. Sorry, I don't know how demons work." He added nervously, which was an emotion he is fairly new to.

Akane rolls her eyes. "Like I said before, my name is Akane. You should really pay more attention to others more than your thoughts, buddy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you to BrokenBravery for helping with this story, we work together on this. Check her other stories out.