TWO

I sat in the back of the library staring at the dusty books laying on the shelves. I was suppose to be looking for books on the human/vampire war. It was the only war to ever happen. Humans lost, but that didn't surprise anyone. Wars against vampires only have one outcome. The human/vampire war wasn't the only war on my mind. At the moment I'm having an internal war with myself.

Dean left quickly after telling me that Jessica's body was missing. I should have reported last nights crime to the HR, Human Resources a group trying to help humans while working for the human president: my father. It was stupid not to and right now I can't even think of a single reason that stopped me from doing my duty. I grew up learning that my job was to help my father since I am a only child. My duty is to help him be able to do his. What kind of daughter am I since I did not report the death Jessica?

I can only try to act like she never existed. Jessica's parents aren't in the picture anymore because of the road they went down. Martin and Kimberly were Blood Slaves. They would hunt down vampires to give them their blood. Blood Slaves are addicted to the pleasure they receive when a vampire bites them. It is said that vampire bites act like a powerful drug, giving the human a unbelievable amount of pleasure. Blood Slaves are thought to carry the disease, so Martin and Kimberly were burned alive in the middle of the town. It was a warning to all other Blood Slaves.

I don't know where Jessica lives or if anyone will realize if she is missing. The townspeople will probably think she is following in her parents' footsteps. That isn't fair to Jessica, but life isn't fair for anyone, not even me.

I stand up and grab my messenger bag off the floor. I look at the shelf of books deciding if I need one or not. The library at my home will probably have more then enough information on the first and last human/vampire war.

"Nice ink."

I jump, startled by the sudden presence behind me. I turn to look at the guy standing behind me. Absent mindlessly I touch the back of my neck, my fingers brushing against the ink of my tattoo. The tattoo takes up the whole back of my neck, it is of the sun. The tattoo isn't colored. It is just a sun with rays.

"Thanks," I mumble as I let my hand fall to my side. The guy nods letting his silver blue eyes take in his surroundings before looking back at me. I stand staring at his eyes memorized by their beauty. His lips move saying something I don't catch. I shake my head feeling stupid for staring. "What?" I ask feeling dazed.

The guy laughs softly. "I asked if you have anymore."

I nod. I have quite a few tattoos. I have the sun on the back of my neck, a sparrow under my left breast, a blue and light pink butterfly on my right ass cheek- Tia has a matching one-, a cross with a rose on my both shoulders, and a cross above my navel. "I have six tattoos total," I admit.

The guy raises an eyebrow at me. Why did I say that? He didn't ask for a number. "That's a lot of ink," he says with no emotion.

I shrug. I love every tattoo. Each of them means something to me, except for the butterfly. Tia and I had them done on our fifteenth birthday. We have the same birthday so we always celebrate them together. That year we went crazy and got matching butterfly tattoos and our asses. We don't regret them. On our eighteenth birthday we plan on getting another one together. We don't know of what yet. I look at the guy trying to place him. He doesn't come to this school.

I would have definitely noticed if he did. This guy was a guy that stood out. The guy had shoulder lenght black hair, flawless pale skin, silver blue eyes, thin lips, nice cheekbones, taller then 6'2, average built, nice arms, and a vertical small scar on his right wrist. The guy also dressed to either show off or impress. He wore a long sleeve black shirt that fit his body perfectly, form fitting jeans, black motorcyle boots, and a black cross ring with a ruby diamond in the middle.