Eight

I huffed loudly in frustration as I tossed the pair of clothes out of my closet, making it land in a pile with the others. That was the fifth outfit I tried on and rejected.

I walked out of the closet and sat down on the edge of my bed. I looked over at Chris, who was sitting up against the headboard, doing something on his phone.

"How much time I got?" I asked, looking over in his direction. "Thirty minutes," he said with his eyes glued to his phone screen.

I laid back on the bed and covered my face with my hands, groaning. "That's not enough fucking time," I muttered to myself.

I heard Chris laugh. "I don't see why you don't just throw something on, you act like he's taking you to a five star restaurant."

I kissed my teeth as I stood from
the bed and entered my closet again, looking at the clothes that I hadn't thrown into a pile yet.

"That's just the thing," I started. "I don't know where the hell he's taking me, so I don't know what would be appropriate to wear."

"Since when the hell did you start caring about what was appropriate?"

I rolled my eyes at him, changed out of what I currently had on, and grabbed a garnet colored crop top off of the hanger, putting it on. I grabbed a pair of light blue jeans that had a few rips in the front and hopped into them, struggling to get it to fit over my ass.

I walked out of the closet and cleared my throat to get Chris's attention. "How's this one?" I asked, ignoring his question. 

He looked away from whatever he was doing and looked me up and down a few times. "Just like the last two."

I sucked my teeth again and sighed. "Whatever, I'm done trying on outfits." I picked up the clothes that had formed a pile on the floor and threw them on the bed. I went into my closet and grabbed as many hangers as I needed. What I had on at the moment was just gonna have to do. I started hanging my clothes back up when I heard my phone go off.

"Can you get that for me?" I asked Chris as I hung up a shirt. I heard some shuffling on the bed, letting me know he was probably trying to reach my phone.

"Yello," he said into the phone. I stayed quiet for a moment, trying to see if I could recognize the voice on the other line.

"Yeah she ready," Chris said. I froze in place, realizing he had to have been talking to Meek. "Ight." I turned around and walked out the closet to see Chris toss my phone back to where it was.

"He'll be here in like five minutes," he informed me. I frowned slightly as I grabbed my phone to check the time. It was 12:40, only ten minutes had passed. He wasn't supposed to get here for another twenty minutes.

"Since when the hell do black people show up early?" I questioned as I went into the bathroom, looking in the mirror to try and figure out what to do with my hair.

I took it out of the ponytail it was in and grabbed a brush, quickly running it through my hair. Once it looked decent enough, I let it fall straight down my back.

I rushed back over to the bed and sat down, grabbing the nude heels I had by the nightstand and sliding them on my feet. I went back into the bathroom and started applying my makeup. I hated makeup, but the shit got the job done.