The Rogue

A large wolf ran through the forest, her paws made the ground rumble gently beneath her run. Her jet black nails just grinding against the dirt as she quickly pivoted to maneuver among the trees. A great mass of caramel brown fur, she would've stood taller than a human on all fours had she been compared to one, for she wasn't 'just a wolf'.  Dark eyes, nearly the same color as the oak trees she darted past, scanned the path in front of her, she was careful to make sure she didn't make any turn that would slow down her sprint. Powerful haunches rolled back as she suddenly sprung herself over a fallen log, landing far away from it where she could now make a straight b-line for the coursing stream down hill. 

The sounds of a hot hound panting on a summer day quickly surrounded either side of her. Desperate to get away from her pursuers who had been following her for miles now, with many more in tow, she pushed her limbs harder, sailing down the hill. Stamina was slowly wearing on her, she knew this wasn't a chase she could break free of, not yet anyhow. Somewhere she could go, to regain her energy if but only for a moment, down by the water, a large bramble of curling, fur cutting thorns threatened to tear anything up that dared disturb it's peace. But the she-wolf saw an opening, just small enough for a creature of her species that she could fit into that her captures surely would not. They were male, naturally larger in stature and less nimble than she. Just as one nipped at her tail, she pulled the brakes on her pace and slid almost ironically into the opening. Quickly backing up and burrowing herself into where she felt safe, a few thorns sharp enough to cut through her thick fur scratch out a few yowls from her. Nothing as bad as the first few wolves who tried to crash into the brambles after her, only to immediately back up with their tails between their legs as the pricks stung at their muzzles. It only took a few of them to demonstrate their lesson for the rest of the wolves to come to a halt. She watched as they kept coming and coming, first four, then seven, ten, ....too many to count, all of them snarling at barking at her, threatening her to come out as she lay panting and in a panic. 

Before she could gather up her thoughts completely she was blind sided by something big and powerful enough that it tore her, and nearly the entire bramble out of the ground at once. There was no chance of her reacting, before she could move or try to fight back a pair of powerful jaws were locked on her throat, threatening to snap it at the wrong move. Pinning her flat on her side, she couldn't get a good look at her attack, but she could sense him. "Change back. Now, or I'll kill you without a second thought. " his voice came trickling inside her head as he snarled on the outside, showing he meant business by tightening his lock slightly.  There was no choice for her, she submitted to his command only seconds after processing her options. The moment she began to channel her wolf she felt the jaws release on her neck so her bones and body could properly crack and bend to their new form.  Lying face first on the ground she felt the cold air on her naked body, she could hear some of her attackers cry out for her blood. She has been an intruder, a rogue werewolf who had crossed into the wrong territory at the wrong time and was unable to escape, the day they had found her she had already been weak from many days of travel, so in addition to her beings up again one of many she wasn't in her best shape either. Her skin had nearly been the same color as the fur of her wolf, tan or caramel you could describe it. Her hair, dark brown, nearly black, reached all the way down to her waist, were a bundle of curls. The change were her eyes, they were like burning golden rings. It's often happened when she felt pain, fear, really any emotion that was oddly over ridding all the rest in a sense that would bring stress to her mind or body. She was covered in dirt, she had spent many days in her wolf form as it was more durable toward the weather and nature, which meant she hadn't taken much time to stop and bathe. 

"Sit up." the deep voice demanded. It was of no guess to her. It was the alpha that had crashed through the brambles and dragged her out. A power like no other, a power she had once felt in her lifetime. She could hear the others grow quite, no doubt he had silenced them or else they would've still been calling for her death for mere trespassing. Slowly, she sat up, her hair shifting over her shoulders despite it being in a nodded mess, it covered her breast easily. Eyes trained on two giant paws nearly as black as night, she slowly craned her neck upward. The first thing that stood out were white sharp teeth, they contrasted vastly with the jet black fur, next were the wolf's eyes, red, signaling his status in the pack, she was right - Alpha.