One

You never realize how important a person can be to you until they're gone. You will never fully understand how much it changed you, once they leave. Regardless of the quotes of those who did learn. Regardless of the 'Carpe Diem,' 'tell them you love them, because tomorrow isn't a guarantee.' How they are still in the back of your mind years later when you think you should be okay by now. How, the simple act of your car engine stalling makes you not panic about the possibility of car troubles, but that they are gone, he is gone, and you can't call them for help, because that's what you always did before.

That doesn't make much sense out of context.

   My father was a mechanic by passion, semi-truck driver by profession. A simple phone call meant he could diagnose your engine troubles ninety percent of the time. He loved cars, almost as much as his children. He made sure they could care for a car: tires, fluids, windshield blades.
He also died suddenly at the age of 53.
I say suddenly, but the slow progression to that point was not sudden at all. However, it was never the expected outcome. Death was never mentioned, it was never a possibility, at least, in this situation. Rehab, therapy, in-home care, nursing homes...those were options, likely outcomes, theories to be toyed with, when trying to predict the future. But, we already established (despite the foreshadowing of the people before you, stating to seize the moment) that tomorrow, the future, was never a tangible option.