Where the Good Guys Die & the Bad Guys Win-----a Gorillaz fanfic

2D sat cross-legged in the field. He was staring up at the sky a small smile on his face. There was a slight breeze and it felt nice. 2D loved days like that. "Oi faceache" a voice said from behind him. He turned to see Murdoc standing behind him. "Wot are ye doin 'ere all alone?" he asked raising a black eyebrow.

2D looked back up at the sky and shrugged. "I donno, Mudz. It's nice. Peaceful." 2D said. "Peaceful? Faceache, ye roight next t' a bleedin' 'ighway." Murdoc argued back, rolling his eyes. To prove his point, a loud semi truck rumbled down the highway behind them.

2D shrugged. "I still fink i's nice." 2D said. Murdoc sat beside him. He brought knee up and rested an arm on it. "Noodz was worry'in bout ye. We didn't know where ye were," he said. He tried to sound casual but he had been worrying about 2D too.

"Sorry. Nex' 'ime I'll tell ya whe' I'm goin'. Le's go see Noodz." 2D said. He took one last look at the sky before standing up. Noodz was grown, sure. Nevertheless, everybody still babied her.

They began to walk back to Kong Studios. They walked in a comfortable silence. "So Mudz how are ye doin?" 2D asked casually. "Alrig' I guess. Why ye askin' faceache?" Murdoc said. 2D noticed a glint of shiny metal from behind a tree. He passed it off as nothing though.

Mudz didn't. He noticed the flash, and knew what it was instantly. He'd gotten in his share of trouble, whether it was his fault or not. "Ge' down, faceache!" Murdoc growled and tackled 2D just as a loud gunshot was heard. 2D smacked his head on the pavement below him and passed out.

Pain. That's all Murdoc felt. His chest ached. He looked down at 2D. He was unconscious but seemed fine. He took a shaky breath. His chest burned. His chest felt warm, but the rest of his body was getting colder. Murdoc rolled off of 2D and put a hand on his aching chest. He pulled his hand up and saw it was drenched in maroon. Holy fucking shit, I'm dying. he thought, shocked. What was going to happen to the band? 'They’ll move on. Find some othe' bassist an' sod off.' Murdoc concluded. The pain began to get worse and Murdoc was getting cold. It began to fade to darkness. His vision slowly faded. He took one last shaky breath and Murdoc Niccals died.

2D regained consciousness. His eyes widened a little when he saw Murdoc and all that blood. His head hurt a little but ignored it and sat up. "Mudz. Wot 'appened?" 2D said. He scrambled over to Murdoc's body. He put a hand on Murdoc’s shoulder. He gasped at how cold he was. He gave him a gentle shake. "Mudz wake up" he said. He checked his pulse. There was nothing.

Mudz?" 2D said in a small voice, stunned. He couldn't be dead. They were just walking down the street. They just had to see Noodz. 2D shook Murdoc harder. "Mudz! Wake up!" He yelled, tearing up. Murdoc just lay there, his eyes glassy and staring into nothing. 2D was getting blood all over him. Not knowing what else to do, he lay Murdoc back down on the ground gently and shakily pulled out his cell phone. He dialed Russell's number. Surely, Russ would know what to do.

"What's up 'D?" Russell said when he picked up. 2D sobbed. "M-Mudz i'nt breafin’. We were walking and fen I passed out and when I woke, he was all bloody. C-can you come 'ere?" 2D said and sobbed. “What? Where are you?” Russell asked, a sick feeling beginning to crawl in his stomach. 2D sobbed out where they were. “Stay on the phone, alright ‘D?” Russell said seriously. “What’s happening?” Noodle asked, peeping into the room. “Nothing, Noodz. I have to go somewhere, wait in your room okay?” Russell said. 2D was still sobbing on the other end of the phone.

"Do ya remember anything else before you passed out?" Russell asked. 2D hiccupped. "n-no" he said and sobbed again. D's head was usually empty but it was now filled with more thoughts then he could even comprehend. He knew the satanic bassist was dead but he he told himself Russ could fix it. 2D imagined Mudz laughing form where he was in hell at what a girl 2D was for crying.