Chapter 1.

I drummed my fingers on the tabletop irritably. Several of my coworkers gave me fierce glares and a couple sighed in my direction, but I ignored each complaint easily. This stupid meeting has kept me for 2 hours, I'm allowed to be impatient. I needed to get home to Sarah and my stack of highschool home invaders.

I swiftly glanced at the standard black rimmed clock on the right wall. 7:13. Mom should be feeding Sarah her bedtime bottle. For the next 10 minutes I imagined her laying in my mother's arms, depleting her formula as her crystal blue eyes lull back in belated slumber. Her tiny fingers going limp and her black hair frizzing over with the length of her day. The longing to see her before unconscienceness overtook her was enough to distract me for the rest of the staff meeting. 

"Okay, grab your hours off the front desk and I'll see you all tomorrow." Terence clapped his hands together once and smiled like he hadn't been talking to his employees for the past two and a half hours. I quickly grabbed my bag, phone, and my pink Columbia as I hurried to make my escape. "Except you, Celia. I'd like to see you in my office." My back stiffened. I turned to look at him, trying to mask my shocked expression with a casual glance. He smirked. My glance bounced off and quickly returned to my pile of items.

As more coworkers filed out, Chad checked back and gave me a playful wink. I mentally cursed his name, hoping Terence hadn't seen it. I'd shoot Chad an angry text before work tomorrow. I hooked my Columbia over my arm, shoved the cell in my back pocket and threw the bag onto my shoulder. As I was putting my chair on the table, I felt an arm sling around my waist. Surprised, the chair slipped from my hands and tumbled to the floor with a clatter. My attacker pulled me back against their chest and a low chuckle reahed my ears.

The smell of Terence's cologne overtook my senses and I melt like butter. I closed my eyes and filled my lungs with the sickly sweet smell, remembering the first time I took in the scent a year ago. After a second or two, I turned to face him, keeping my eyes low, saving his eyes until I couldn't stand it. I noted the black leather jacket that fit as it should, the violet v-neck that held snuggly, and the white gold chain arpund his neck that I gave him for his birthday. My eyes wandered slowly upward, following his perfect jawline, over his small chin where I allowed my eyes to linger over his amaranth colored lips that were neither thin or thick, imagining their smooth texture under my fingertips. A little farther up and a button nose I'd always admired trailed onto his thin dark eyebrows. His shaggy black hair brushing the tips of his long lashes. Last but most importantly, those eyes that couldn't decide on emerald green or sky blue. The colors swirling together, and confused us all with the dark aqua ring around the iris.

My perfect dream boy, holding me in his arms. 

He was smiling like I was the only person he'd ever given a damn for. I sighed, wondering if he really cared as much as it looked right in this moment. I tried imagining how it would look if any other coworkers walked in at that second, but just as I opened my mouth to point it out, Terence planted a kiss on my lips, causing any worry to disappear, as it had many times before. I could never say no to him.

Our scents mingled, his hand found my hair, and I leaned into him to support my wobbly knees. Just as I was about to run out of breath, he broke away. Dazed, I swayed, holding his shoulders to steady myself. I must have looked confused because his teasing chuckle rang in my ears and his lips touched my forehead breifly.

“Oh Celia.. Forever love struck by my good looks.”

I punched his arm and twirled out of his grasp. He took my hand back and pulled me toward his office. 

“Terence. I can’t...” I passively protested. Sarah’s face crossing my mind, followed by my English teacher’s glare.

“Yes. You can.” He insisted. He turned around to face me, taking my other hand and walking backwards through his office doorway, one look at his mischievious smile, and I caved. The white conference room was left behind as we enter the peach painted room. Pictures of Terence and his girlfriend, Violet, line the glass desk neatly next to the apple laptop. She’s so pretty with her blonde hair, blue eyes and purple gramed glasses. Why would someone mess that up?