« twelve »

[Dedicated to withdrawals because her stories on both her acc are bae & nico di angelo]

A/N:

Happy (very late) New Year everyone! 2015's been extraordinary and I can't wait for what 2016 will bring. Each and everyone of you has been supportive from the very beginning — and words can't describe how thankful I am to you all.

And sorry for the late update! This is kind of a filler chapter which may be kind of boring but I can promise you that the next chapter, which is my favorite out of all, will be great!

x
_____________________________

I was up and ready before the birds could chirp and fly about. It was 05:30 in the morning and my stomach was already grumbling this early.

Luke hasn't woken up and it would be rude of me to wake him up before the sun completely rises. He was the one behind the wheels as well, so it won't be wise of me to disrupt his sleeping schedule.

I tried to go back to my slumber but it seems useless. Listening to music at this hour was also not a good idea—so I resorted to make myself a warm coffee to busy myself for at least five to ten minutes. There was an electronic thermos on the bedside with a cup and a small spoon.

There were packs of coffees and tea bags inside the cabinet, I ripped open one pack of coffee and poured its content to the cup before plugging the thermos to the electrical outlet.

Waiting was not a good mix for a girl that has been frequently told to have a short temper that I sometimes tried to hide — but failed miserably. Suddenly I felt that everything was taking too long and I was confined in a tight space.

I started to become restless and in need of food to properly function as a normal human being. The only thing left for me to do was to call Naya — and thankfully she picked up in the third ring.

"What?" Naya groaned

"I'm feeling a little restless," I pulled the blanket up to my nose, "and breakfast opens in one more hour."

"Talk to lover boy. I studied all night Norah, cut me some slack and let me enjoy the rest of my sleep," she yawned to the phone. "Alright, as much as I love you and all, I'm gonna hang up."

"No, wait don't hang–"

The line went dead and I was left to my own devices once again.

I must've fallen asleep, because the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes were the sunlight that pierced through the window and someone knocking on the door.

"Norah, it's me." Luke said while knocking the door in the same time.

I threw the blanket off of me and opened the door.

"Hey," I said groggily and rubbed my tired eyes, "come in."

Luke went past me and sat down on the edge of the bed. He glanced down on his phone and then looked back up to me.

"I found a bookstore nearby and I did promise my sister to buy some books," he scratched his head, "do you mind if we stop by there for a little while?"

"Sure, Luke. Just let me take a shower real quick."

He raised his eyebrow questioningly.

"Ten minutes, I promise!"

I dashed inside the bathroom and quickly locked the door. Thankfully I picked and placed my outfit for today on top of the table next to the toilet bowl.

"Just a quick shower — don't trip." I mumbled to myself while fumbling with opening my pajama pants in a rush.

The water was cold — no scratch that, the water was freezing. Goosebumps were all over my skin in seconds and by the time I was done, I was in a shivering mess.

My muscles felt frozen and the tips of my fingers were numb. It was a pain in the arse to dry myself and dress up, not to mention I had to blow-dry my dripping wet hair.

I checked the stopwatch in my phone and I had surprisingly succeeded in showering in less than 7 minutes — which gives me a total of 3 minutes or less to dry my hair.

-

"Did you know you forgot to unplug the thermos?" Luke said as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom.

"Thermos? I didn't use any thermos," as quickly as the words flew out of my mouth, I remembered that I did actually used it to make my morning coffee — and then I fell asleep.

"Oh right!" I rushed to my bedside to see it was unplugged and there was a freshly-brewed cup of coffee next to it.

I took the cup in my hand and drank a mouthful of it, welcoming the warm liquid in my system.

"Is this yours?" I asked Luke and sat myself next to him.

"No, I made it specially for you with all my sweat and hard work." He nudged me playfully.

"What do you mean hard work — all you need is a spoon to mix the water with the coffee," I placed my hand on top of his, "but thanks anyway. I do need one desperately."

He lifted his hands and tilted my chin so I was directly facing him. My eyes instantly glanced his lips and I swore there was a magnetic force all over those alluring lips. It was like he was a positive force and I was a negative one.

Our lips molded perfectly against each other and if it wasn't for his hands holding my right arm, I would've dropped the cup of coffee and spilled its contents on the hotel carpet.

His kiss left me breathless and a blushing mess. He knew what affect he had on me and flashed that charming smile I loved.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

I nodded.
_____________________________

Author's Note:
The first chapter of Sweet and Sated will be published Mid-January, and I seriously cannot wait to share that story to you.

Have a nice day and a great weekend ahead! <3<3