Chapter 1 - Who is she?

"It is Monday morning and the streets are filled with Christmas cheer but the question on the worlds mind is who will get this Christmas number 1? Will it be a Christmas song or will The Rebels be your champions. Good Morning listeners of the hottest radio station in town, The Heat on 103.8 FM. I am your presenter, Jason Mason and you are tuned into the Hottest Music Show. This Morning we got The Rebels in the studio, Good Morning guys!"

"Hello Jason" Jake shouted with excitement 

"WOW Jake you are very excited today" 

"Mate it is nearly Christmas" 

"Well from what I can see out of The Rebels Jason is the child like character, Justin your the calm and collected one, V your the strange one and Alex you seem to be scrooge" 

"Very funny Jason. You seem to have hit everyone's characters on the head" joked Alex.

"I think our listeners want to know why you hate Christmas Alex?"

"I don't hate Christmas, tell me what time is it?" 

"7:45 am" 

"Our fans will know that I am not a morning person hence is why you think I am scrooge, you could probably call me to comedian" 

"Alex your sarcastic, not funny" Justin blurts out. 

"He has got a point I like to be sarcastic" 

"You guys could have me talking all day but we got to get to the reason you are here" 

"Then get to it Jason" Alex says with a wink.

"The Rebels are hoping for their first Christmas number 1 with their new song "It All Comes Crashing Down". V can you tell us what this song is about?" 

"Well Jason, I can. "It All Comes Crashing Down" is actually about fears we all harvest. We came to the conclusion when we were writing this song that fear is in us all and causes us to maybe not be who we set out to be" 

Alex interrupts V with "Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" 

"Sorry guys Alex is a star wars nerdy girl"   V begins to joke but continues "As I was saying the foundation for this song was fear. I know it is not a very cheery sounding song for the festive time but hey we are The Rebels and we don't do what is meant to be done." 

"I was listening to the song before I came on air. It is so good, you got a punk rock sound but you brilliantly made it pop." Jason begins to promote the song " Justin the song is already out on iTunes, right?"

 "Right and the album is out in the new year." 

" I can't wait for that album, tell me guys where will you all be when the news about who is number 1 comes out on Christmas day?" 

Jake simply answers "With our families" 

"We have seen cute instagram pictures through out the year of Justin's, Jake's and V's families but the question on every bodies mind Alex, is when do we get to meet yours?" 

"My private life is my private life. I want to keep my occupation and my family separate" 

"I think that is what makes you the favorite band member in the public's eyes. They like that your so mysterious. They badly want to see how you interact with family. They badly want your family to be a part of your musical journey. I know they are probably a part of it behind the scenes but they want to see you and your family out and about." 

"Trust me everyone would be shocked if they knew my private life" 

The YouTube video was cut there. That was about the tenth time I have had to listen to my interview on The Heat's YouTube channel. The Lovato family can't seem to understand why  I want to keep who I am away from the public. Why is it so hard for them to realize I don't want to be known as a Lovato, my image is not their image. I'm 16, when my mother was 16 she was known as a Disney Star. I do not need to be compared to that....

"Babygirl why don't you just tell them who you are?" Demi softly said after about ten minutes of silence. All eyes were on me. Dallas, Maddie, Wilmer, Dianna, Eddie and even Batman were waiting for one of my very frequent out-bursts. 

"Oh for fuck sake, how many times do I have to tell you guys" I began. Might as well give the people what they want. 

"Alexandra, watch your mouth" Demi began only to be cut off by me. 

"Says the one and stop calling me Babygirl and Alexandra, I'm not five". With that I opened the front door, walked out and slammed it as hard as I could. I went off to do what I always do, escape....

It is a simple fact that I am complicated, but who isn't. Our eyes can deceive us. It has been said that the eyes are the pathway to a person heart. If so how come everything we believe about someone is always wrong? When Demi asked "why don't you just tell them who you are" I tricked them all. They all looked me in the eye and believed its just my rebellious side. That family think I just want to achieve my dreams without anyone knowing I am a Lovato. I can't lie that is part of it but their is more to it. How can I tell the world who I am, when even I don't know who I am? How can I not understand my own thoughts fully? How can I tell people what I believe in, where I want to be in ten years time, when honestly my future is foggy. I can't see past surviving today.