A world alone

Hi anyone who gave my story a shot, first thanks for reading, please feel free to give kind constructive suggestion,

   Please enjoy this as much i do writing it.

    Raury felt alone as he had for the last few months, maybe even years.  He set his nylon travel bag down in what most people would call the back end of a trailer, his mom was successful in her new job, gaining enough money for her new house, his sister Marley could play trumpet with her eyes closed, and Raury? well Raury wasn't much of a person anyway.

        Raury had graduated just like every other american, but while his fellow graduates were off going to school or renting their first apartments, he was moving back in with his mother to restart the life he managed to screw up in just under a summer.

     "I don't think I'll make it hanging here another day."  Raury sighed into the air chanting his favorite rap just above a whisper.  "I just want to shine my colors on the walls like a prism."

     On the other hand his room was impressive, it must have been an office at one point, built in shelves covered wall to wall all filled with his already unpacked books ,but this was the room he decided on.  His mother stood in the door looking on with utter fear,  she was a mother right ? she was allowed to hold this much fear.  To Raury this seemed moronic at best.  How could anyone even his own family actually care about him.

   "How do you like the room?"  His mother toyed with her bronze hair.  "If you want I can take it, the master room can be yours."

  Raury leaned against the built in counter lining all four sides of his room, looking his mother directly in the eyes.  She was beautiful, with her pear shaped body, a waterfall of lose riglets falling to her hips, he wondered why she was single.  The only aspect Raury gained was her honest dark eyes.    "Why would you give me that?  This is your house."

  His mom moved toward him enveloping him in her arms  "You are my son, I want you to be happy."

                                                                                   *******************************

  His room was cold, even with the space heater on his toes were nipped with cold air coming from a cabinet resting across the room.  He kept staring at it,  Raury continued to hear knocking coming from within and it enticed him more than scared him.  Should bumps in the night scare him?  The rattle came again and this time he couldn't refuse his curiosity.  Pulling his long cardigan around himself he tied his long crisp white dreadlocks into a ponytail before he crawled toward the dark oak door.  As he drew closer though he did start to feel fear.  The gurgling started in stomach deep down.  Raury smiled at this, smiling in the face of fear made his grin wider.

   Raury smiled at his fear,  he was feeling an emotion.  He hasn't felt anything at all,  a good friend of his called his mental state Oblivion and that is exactly how he felt.  The best way he could explain it was by imagining what it looked like.  His vision of Oblivion was simple, in the exact center of winter is when Oblivion comes to the physical realm.  When the trees are bare and hold no life, and every where Raury looked he could only see white, trees, and nothing more.

  With every step toward the cabinet he felt fear grow within him, it was a feeling of inperfection.  He paused with his fingers resting against it's laminate cover.  The sound happened again, without hesitation he threw open the portal into his near future.  Resting just inside the shadowy box was a ball of fur.  At first, Raury thought in could be a raccoon pup, until it rustled just enough revealing a fleshy worm like tail.  The creme creature raised it's head.

  Raury gasped if it wasn't so large he would have thought the rat was young, but no rat not even an adult should have been that large.  The rat noticed him, rearing back facing him full on.  What was even more strange about the large rat living in his cabinet it had an upside-down crescent moon pattern directly in the center of it's forehead.

   He reached out to the creature, closer his fingers got to brushing it's fur, more the crescent shape would lightened, no glow.  The rat didn't budge from where it was huddled, by seeing the afraid rat something inside him clicked.  Paternal is what most would call it.  To Raury there wasn't a word to describe how he felt reaching toward the ball of fur. He just needed to touch the thing just once.

      His fingers brushed the thin fur, the rat vibrated with each stressed breath it took.  The sound caused panic inside himself.  He snapped the door shut worrying he had scared the small creature.  He slowly opened the door again only to find the creature gone and the rat missing, his emotions left too.

******************************************************************************************************

please, please, please give me feed back, I am loving this story and already know exactly where i'm going with this.

  BEEEEEEYEYEYEYEEYEYEEYEYEYEEYE