Two.

As we settled in our grey land cruiser, Dad backed the car from the garage and grunted as he immediately hit the brakes.

"Is everything alright?" Mom asked, concerned.

Dad got out of the car. "One of our back tire's have less air filled up," he said, rubbing his light stubble.
"I wonder if there's a workshop nearby."

"I know a place!" Taha, my eldest brother chimed in.
"I'll give the directions." He said enthusiastically.

"We better not end up in the middle of nowhere." Layla muttered and we all chuckled when Taha waved her off.

Five minutes later, we've reached our destination. Right before going to the highway, there was a workshop to the east. Dad got out of the car, once again, to greet a mechanic.

"Al salamu alaikum! How can i help?" The man smiled. He had dirt smudged on his cheeks and hands. Was there some on his teeth too? Probably just my imagination. Dad led him to the back of the car to inspect the tire.

"Think you can handle it?" Dad asked.

"Ofcourse!" The mechanic said and went straight to work.

Our tire was fixed before we knew it, or so we thought. Dad paid the mechanic and we were back on the road.

"I'm coming home! I'm coming home! Tell the world i'm coming home!" My family sang at the top of their lungs and laughed.

We were having such a wonderful time. We all cherished these moments. I was leaning against the middle seats, since i was sitting at the very back of the car, chatting with my siblings, who were sitting in the middle of the car.

In the middle of their conversation, i find myself zoning out. I yawned, checking the time.

6:59 P.M.

Nasser chuckled, raising an eyebrow. "It's almost seven and you're already tired?" he fake-coughed and added, "Sleepyhead."
I nudged him playfully but didn't deny it. I do like sleep. Very much! We continued humming to the song.

The numbers on the screen changed to 7:00 P.M.

And that's when I heard it.

~~~
A/N: Um.. well.. hi there! Feel free to send feedback/comment on what you think will happen next and please excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes! Again, i might upload the next chapter next week, tomorrow, or later today.

P.s, i know the pic isn't exactly how we were arranged, since my dad was the one driving, but..you know.. use your imaginationnn ~(•o•~)