Chapter One

The dirt scattered across the grass as I took heavy foot steps towards the raid building.

My blood is boiling; my hands are shaking, aching to punch the next person that provokes me again. I scrupulously have no idea as to why he comes around me. All I do is reject his trifling offers, and I know that has to bring his ego down about twenty percent each time I burn him. He has no regards and quite frankly it's pissing me off. I'm starting to wonder if he'll ever stop.

Kasson Adams has being trying to get in my pants since I was fifth teen years old, and each time he hits on me he gets more provocative.

At first, it was an innocent crush, but each year he has gotten worse. Why is he so worried about receiving me? Every human in this village knows how I feel about ignorant relationships. For one, we're struggling to survive. And two, relationships just don't work out. They're distracting, exasperating, and egotistic. Many fall too hard and when it ends their hearts are shattered. In my eyes, that just proves how unfair and unrealistic love is.

In the stories it tells you how Cinderella had a bad life, but her lovely Godmother saved her and sent her to the ball, where Cinderella met her Prince Charming and lived happily ever after, it tells you how Snow White had a terrible life, also and so she ran away and her evil Stepmother disguised herself as an elderly woman and poisoned Snow White. But her Prince Charming kissed her and revived her soul. That is so impractical. First of all, if Cinderella was an actual person, instead of a book character, then she wouldn't have ever got away from her unfortunate lifestyle, and if she ever did she wouldn't meet her Prince the first time. And if Snow White was an actual person, then she would've stayed dead after she got poisoned. No one can rise from the dead, except for Jesus, and she's not Jesus.

I have always hated fairy tales, and now that I'm a big sister, I make sure Adele and Ajax go nowhere near a silly book like those fairytales. I don't want them getting their hopes up for a Princess or a Prince Charming. All I'm doing is saving them from heartache.

"What's up with you?" Ian lightly chuckles as I slam the door shut. My stormy grey eyes scan the room, landing on my three best friends. Thank God they're all on time.

"Does it matter? We have business to do." I snap, trudging to a weapon cabinet.

We have ten huge weapon cabinets, containing some of the major weaponries in all of history. And we have all these thanks to Ian. He hacked into an old army system back a few months ago, reveling abundant crates full of weapons. Without Ian, I'm afraid we would be struggling to survive, even more than we are now.

Someone clears their throat, catching my attention. I sneak a side way glance at the curly blonde, raising my eyebrows up, indicating I'm waiting for her to speak up.

"Before we do anything, we need to grasp all of this negativity and bury it. It's not good to go on a raid and there be tension among us, and by us I mean you," I roll my eyes as Paisley crosses her arms. I hate when she's right, and I hate how she makes me feel like a monster. Paisley may be down to earth and really deep, but she sure knows how to make someone feel stupid.

My arms go limp beside me, and I swiftly turn around, facing Ian, Paisley, and Charlie.

"You're right. I shouldn't be taking my anger out on you guys, I'm sorry," Paisley is the only person that can make me say sorry. I don't say sorry much, but whenever I'm around Paisley, it seems like I say it too often, and I hate that, too.

"Guys, can we stop all this sentimental stuff and load up? We are on a schedule," And I can always count on Charlie to keep things in line. Charlie is a tomboy and she doesn't deal with things like this. In Charlie's eyes, it's best to just brush it off and move on. Let's just say everyone in this group is polar opposites, but we make a great team and it works for us.