Chapter 2

"Where are we going anyway?" she asked me as I opened the door for her. I went to the other side and got behind the wheel.

"Somewhere special." I closed the door and buckled up. I decided not to tell her where I was taking her because I wanted to make it a surprise and to make it up to her because I wasn't on time. "Buckle up and just wait and see."

"Watch your step, baby, watch your step," I said as I guide her way. She couldn't see because she was blind-folded.

"Niall," she chuckled, "it's hard to walk like this. Can I just please take this off? You know I'm scared of the dark." Her hands were searching something in front of her to grab on.

"Uh-uh. We're almost there. Just a few more steps." And just like I said, after a few more steps, we were finally there. "And we're here." I took off her blindfold and as soon as she saw it, she was stunned and her expression was hard to read. A waterfall was what she saw. Bubbling and roaring, uninterrupted, the splashing waters create a steady pattern of endless rhythm. This had been my favourite place ever since I was a kid. My dad used to take me here often. He said that this place gave him the calmness and the happiness he needed. And this Mediterranian-blue and magical waterfall gave the exact same feelings to me.

"So, you like it?" No answers came from her. "I know it's not that magnificent it's nothing actually but I just love this..."

"Oh, shut up already." And at that moment our lips crashed together, sharing a soft passionate kiss, witnessed by the nature. Just the way I've always wanted it to be. "I love it, baby," she said as she pulled back. "You know how much I love nature, right? This is a picture perfect. It is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my entire life."

"You know I've been waiting for this time to come around, to come here with someone special. And now I've found that someone." I put my arms around her waist, pulled her closer and looked far into her eyes. "It's you. Ever since I met you I know you are the one for me. The other half of me that I've been searching for. I love you, Alie. I really do."

"And I love you too, Ni..." she coughed before she could finish her sentence. At first I thought it was just a simple cough but it got worst and worst.

"Honey, are you okay? Is everything alright?"

"I'm fine," she coughed again. "Just the weather I guess. Nothing serious."

"C'mon let me take you home," I took her hand and was about to leave when she stopped me.

"No no it's okay. I'm fine." She gave me a reassuring smile. "Can we stay here for a little while?"

I was worried about her condition but she said she was okay and looking at her face, there was no way I could say no. "Sure, baby." I told her. "Anything for you." We sat there watching the waterfall swishing over the rocks joyfully, thundering down into the pool like a gigantic water spout and the cold breeze was seeping through her hair caressing her skin. I put my arms around her and she rested her head on my shoulder. "I wish the time is frozen so we could stay like this forever," she murmured.

Later that day, I sent her back to her house, walked her to the doorstep and kissed her goodbye. "Careful on the road," she told me as she stroke her thumb on my cheek.

"I will," I replied as I touched her hand. "I'll miss you." She nodded in reply. She looked so tired like we'd been out all day and night but we were barely out for more than 2 hours. I wanted to spend more time with her actually but she didn't look well enough. "Get some rest okay, baby? I don't want you to fall sick." Again she nodded and with that she went inside and disappeared from sight. I drove home as careful as I could like what Alie had told me. That night, I called her and she sounded worst. She said she had a sore throat because of coughing a lot. I told her to go see a doctor and she said she already did. The doctor told her that she's going to be well again after a few days and gave her some medicines.

"Don't forget to take your meds or you won't get better soon." I reminded her before we hung up to go to bed. I prayed to God that she would get better soon because I want to be with her more often and with her being sick, it's hard for her to even take a walk outside.