6Poetry #3- Collecting Memories

"Collect Memories not things."

The past years has been a challenge to me.Who would've thought that one man can change everything you used to live with. Change everything you believed in.

You see, we cannot choose everything in life, we cannot decide for ourselves just like that because we have to consider others.

You can't control when the sun sets and the sun rises. Neither day and night.

You can't control time, the plants as it grows, the fishes, the flowers, the sky when it rains, the current, air, and even a memory.

All throughout the years to remember something we have remnants, things as a reminder of the things we've been through.

And once a memory happens you cant control it too.

There are memories we wish to stay.

Happy Memories like being inlove.

Where just by looking to your lover's face makes everything complete.

His touch, his smiles, his warm hugs, his silly jokes that makes you blush.

All the time.

And you just hope that it will always be that way, till the end.

But you can't even control love .

You can't control a third party.You can't control if he is feeling something towards another girl. You can't control if he acts cold towards you.

And these are the memories that is carved in our hearts and minds till we grow.

Memories of Pain just like how he left you and you didn't even know why.

His words that break your fragile little heart. And how the word 'Good Bye' seems so bad than the word death itself.

Seeing his back walking away from you under the rain .

Freezing but at the same time thankful it's raining. So no one can see you crying.

And you just hope that those happy memories will come back because you can't stand the pain that it makes you so hard to breathe.

But again, you can't control love.

Yet, there is one thing you can do.

You must pass the stage in life where
tears are your medicine at night to sleep.

Where your nights are filled with sobs and you wake up with puffy eyes.

Where being alone is needed. You start hating red and start loving black.

The stage people call ' moving on '

And after many years.. When you look back at time a smile crawls on your lips.

A smile of success. Don't throw the memories either it be sad nor happy.

Learn from it... then smile. Yes, you can't control everything.

BUT YOU CAN ADJUST.

Don't collect things.. For things get broken.

Collect Memories instead.