Clouded Night-Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Jade 'Wolf' Lancaster

The sound rang from outside, a horrible shrill screaming, i threw the covers over my head hoping to hide from the noise. My room lit up when the lightening struck and the thunder followed close after. I looked over at my bedside clock, 23:59. I heard another scream, and another two followed shortly after. I slowly picked up my phone and called my best friend, he wouldn't be scared. I dialled his number and he picked up after a few rings.

"Hello???" Josh said sleepily.

"Josh, it's Rose,there is screaming..."

BANG!! i was interupted by a gunshot outside.

"Rose... What was that noise" Josh said, wide awake now.

"I don't know, and i'm too scared to look, what do i do?" I said shakily.

"Stay right..."

Beep, beep, beep, our call had been disconnected. I looked at my phones homescreen, no reception, not even one bar. I put my phone and my pillow and pulled the covers over my head. i pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. BANG!! Another gunshot rang through my ears. I closed my eyes and tried to force myself to think about happy things, like rainbows and puppies, unicorns and butterflies, my therapy started to work until I heard a key unlocking my front door and softly walking across the floorrboards downstairs. I heard them walk up the stairs as it creaked on the 5th stair, they tiptoed down the hallway and then i heard my door creek open.

"Rose??? Are you okay??" Josh asked from my doorway.

I pulled the covers off my head and sat upright on my bed. Josh walked over to my window and pulled my curtains open a little to see outside. He backed away from the window.

"Josh? What is it???" i asked, moving off my bed.

All of a sudden my parents burst through my door.

"Rose!!! You need to hide Rose!!,"my mum yelled at me, then she realised Josh," Josh?? oh, don't worry, Rose, Josh, Hide!"