Surprised Confrontation

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER YOU REALLY MISSED OUT ON SOME ACTION FILLED STUFF!!!!!
PLUS YOU WON'T KNOW WHY CERTAIN THINGS HAPPEN IN THIS ONE!! SO YOU SHOULD REALLY READ IN ORDER THANKS!!!!

When mom got home, she surprisingly didn't notice the fractured picture of my dad. Her mind was somewhere else. She cracked open my bedroom door. "Marilyn...I need to talk to you." she said, with slight excitement and anxiety. I looked up from my phone. I called Jake 25 times, but he didn't pick up once. The coward. I sighed as I stood up and walked to my door. "Come in the living room I need to tell you and your brother something very important." she said nicely. I walked in the living room and Mr. Florence was in there, his hands in his pockets examining a glass made dolphin. He turned around as we entered and sat down. Chad was already sitting down, but he was texting. "Chad, please put your phone down right now." my mom said nicely. Chad sighed as he stuffed it in his pocket. Mr. Florence shot us a brief smile, before taking a hold of my mom's hand.

She gazed up at him as if he was her lifeline. She smiled as he pulled her on her feet. "Okay, your mom wants to tell you something that is exciting news." he said, his cheeks spreading into a full smile. She rolled her eyes at him as she looked at us with a huge grin on her face. "Um...I don't know if you two noticed anything different, probably because you're never here, but I found out two weeks ago that....I'm three weeks pregnant!" she said excitedly. Mr. Florence smiled and kissed her on the lips, and it made me cringe. "You're what?!" I asked, although I had heard her perfectly clear. My jaw dropped in disbelief. "Its not getting my room." Chad stated territorially. I rolled my eyes. "Like mom would want the baby in your smelly room." I said, pretending to puke. He threw a pillow cushion at my head.

"Stop, no... we don't have enough room here, so after I'm married we're going to move." she said seriously. Great now we're moving. "And when is that?" I asked her. Mr. Florence cleared his throat. "Well, I plan to marry her in no later than two months, you see...I really do love your mother very much, she means a lot to me." he said, gazing at her with so much deep adoration that I wanted to throw a pillow at him. "You'll be in college then and Chad will be in the NFL." she said proudly. Me in college, possible. Chad in the NFL, not likely.

I sighed as I stood up. "Well, congrats mom and Mr. Florence, but I have to be going to visit someone." I said. I didn't say Jake because then mom would complain about how much time I spent with him and that it was not healthy for a young couple. Yeah, look who's talking. "Umm, actually dear, I need your help with me, I wanted to go out and start on the nursery for the baby, not a lot since we don't know the gender yet of course, but just enough, like baby books and bottles and stuff like that, it's always good to prepare early. " she said, smiling up at Mr. Florence. He was looking down at his phone with a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry sweetie, duty calls, I really need to be going, I'll be back in a few hours, send me pictures of what you pick out and here's my card, it's on me." he said kissing her forehead, before walking out the house. "Alright, let's go." she said, grabbing her purse. Chad stood up quick. "Wait, when you mean "let's", you don't mean me too, right?" he said. I rolled my eyes, he never wanted to help us in anything, all he wanted was to hang with his jock friends and a bunch of drunk girls. My mom sighed. "No, I suppose you have something else to do." she said. He smiled before walking out the house and into his light blue truck. "You know he doesn't have anything to do right." I told her. She shrugged. "Well, at least he won't badger me to get him another video game." she said. I laughed.