Prologue

"I am very sorry for your loss, Ms. Mitchell."

Beca Mitchell sobbed, wiping each hot tear from her face.

"Phil Mitchell was suffering from stage four liver cancer. It was terminal. I'm so sorry that we couldn't save him." The tall man in a white coat announced sympathetically.

"Thank you, Dr. Hale." Beca replied gratefully, with a clear tone of pain in her voice. Dr. Hale nodded with a slight frown on his face and proceeded to the emergency rooms.

After the effort of retrieving back the loving relationship of her and her father's, it was taken away in a snap. She bursted into tears shamelessly, with each nurse, doctor, or civilian looking at her with curiosity and sympathy.

Beca was in shock, pain, anger, remorse, or any negative adjective you can think of.

The next few days was the planning of Phil's funeral. Alongside her mother, Beca moped and sat around in the house without focus. Her mother had taken this much worse than she had; seeing as her parents had just gotten back together. The brunette glanced at the older brunette with a mix of empathy and a pure sadness. This was going to be a long ride.

The funeral was short. It had been a depressing one; the dark grey clouds surrounded the atmosphere, which gradually produced tears to Beca's eyes. Once the priest had finished his speech, everyone with the exception of Beca left. Each of them saying their condolences to Beca and her mother. Her mother had proceeded to go back home, whilst Beca had stayed at the grave for an extra hour.

They were supposed to meet with Phil's lawyer the next day to announce the wills of her father.

"And his last will is that his daughter, Beca Mitchell will be the newly appointed CEO of Mitchell Technologies." Mr. Collins, the lawyer, had said.

Beca's eyes widened. This is going to be one hell of a ride.

__________________________

I really hope you guys will like this story, I'm currently writing chapter 1 at the moment.