Chapter 2.0

Chapter Two

The Memories Come Crashing Back

Wrapping a small piece of my chocolate brown locks around the curling iron, my hair and makeup lady, Cassandra, sends me a small smile as a yawn escapes my lips.

Kate had me up at 7:00 in the morning causing me to lose upwards of three hours of sleep. As another lady was applying a primer to my face I was on the verge of sleep, fighting to keep my eyes open.

"So dear, what would you like your makeup to look like? Natural?" Cassandra asks taking a look a my face.

"Natural with a smokey eye." I respond as her face lights up with joy.

"Wonderful!" She says reaching for her pallet and a set of brushes. "I'm going to make you the hottest one out there."

She instantly sweeps brushes over my face, increasing the shadows of my cheeks, highlighting my cheekbones and making my eyes pop against my warm skin tone.  She applies mascara as well as a winged liner adding to the look.

"Okay take a look." She says placing a silver mirror in my hands. "Tell me what you think."

"You look beautiful." A deep voice says behind me as my eyes focus on the person who is standing behind me. My breath is caught in my throat as I find his blue eyes meeting my brown ones.

"Please can we talk for a couple of minutes." Ryder asks pointing towards the door.

"About?" I ask dropping my gaze to my hands folded in my lap.

"Brooklyn please." He asks again.

"Better be quick." I say as I give Cassandra an apologetic smile. "Sorry. I'll be right back." I say following Ryder towards the back door.

The sound of my heels is the only noise that fills the air as the tension can be felt between us. I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't realize he had stopped walking to hold the door open for me, being oblivious to the path ahead of me I continue walking through the doorway. Before I can take another step his arm reaches out to stop me from tumbling down the staircase.

"Um. Thanks." I quietly respond as he removes his hand from my body, the heat instantly leaving.

"Still clumsy?" He asks with a small chuckle as I nod. God this is so awkward. I find myself thinking as he leans against the white brick wall. "You know why I asked you to come out here right?"

Oh how could I ever forget. That day is burned into my memory. Forever.

"Here comes Brooklyn Meadows and Ryder Williams waking down the Hollywood Red Carpet." The announcer says as it rings through the speakers.

I smile looking up at Ryder as he grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze. "We'll make this quick princess." He whispers in my ear, as he then begins leading me towards the flashing of the cameras.

My burgundy dress flows against my legs, my straightened hair bouncing against my back with every step I take. As we round the corner, the crowds scream, as the cameras begin flashing.

We stop in our tracks smiling and posing for pictures as the cameras show no signs of stoping. Ryder's hand is rested against my hip pulling me closer to his body. His lips find my cheek lingering the for a moment allowing the photographers and crowd to react. The screams are deafening as everyone realizes what is going on. He laughs against my skin sending a vibration to wash through me before his lips leave my skin leaving a tingling sensation in its wake.