Chapter 8: Frustration

I woke up the next morning. All I could feel was Austin's arm clinging around my waist and his warm breath on the back of my neck. I rolled over slowly, trying not to wake him up. Our noses were touching, That's how close we were. He looked kind of cute when he was sleeping. I could tell he was must'v been having a good dream because he had a small smile .

'Ok, enough staring. I need out of here.' I thought.

I reached over him and grabbed my cell phone and sat up. Austin started shifting in his sleep and ends up pulling me back down. 

'Are you serious, Austin?' 

I carefully push his arm off of my and climb out of the bed successfully, without waking him. I slip on my shoes from last night.

I sneak out the door.  I rush downstairs quietly and decide if I should leave a note about last night being great or something. But then his parents would see it and that wouldn't be good! 

 I open the door slowly and shut it on the way out. I didn't need to be quiet when I was out of sight. I don't know how Austin would react to waking up alone, I hope he doesn't mind. 

Maybe this whole 'Best Friend with benefits'  Thing isn't so bad. Lying to our friends isn't fun, but it has to be done.  

I sneak back into the my house and grab clothes from my room and get dressed in it in the bathroom. I wetted my brush and brushed through my hair, getting all the knots out. 
"Ally!" My dad said, knocking on the bathroom door. 
"Yes?" 
"Are you almost done? I need to go!" He complains. I finished brushing my hair and open the door to exit. My dad pushed me out of the way and went in, closing the door quickly. 
"Good morning to you too, dad." I say quietly and walk away.

My phone rings and I answer. "Where are you?" Austins concerned voice comes through the phone. 
"Sorry! I had to go... you know. So they wouldn't be suspicious." I say assuring him I'm fine. 
"You could've left a note!" 
"Then your parents would know!" I argue!
"By my bed stand?" He says, like I'm some kind of idiot.
"Oh, I didn't think of that..." 

We started talking off that subject, which made me relieved that our 'Normal' friendship was still intact... (Meaning we don't just talk about.. you know, sex. I guess)  

Trish walks into the store- Quietly, because I didn't hear her 'til this happened- "Hey, Ally!" She says, catching me by surprise and I almost drop the phone. 
"Oh.. Hey!" I say and try to act casually. This wasn't getting past Trish. I might've gotten past her the night before but definitely not now. She was staring at my startled expression for a few seconds. 

"Who are talking to to? You seem kind of.. jumpy." She asks, diverting her attention to my phone, that was held away from my ear at the moment. 

"Oh uh... I was just talking to Austin about... A new song!" I hesitated. Trish would stare at my expression every so often, with a questioning look. It made me feel bad. Hiding things from Trish, best friends don't ever hide! 
I should be telling Trish about drinking at least two alcoholic drinks at that party. I should tell her about Austin driving me back to my house and playing Truth or Dare and kissing him. I should at least tell her what's going on with Austin and I right now! Even if it is complicated! 

The guilt of all this lying is eating away at me and it sucks!  What do you even call this thing going on between Austin and I? It's not a relationship but its not a friendship anymore, either! Why are we even doing this? To get sex out of it? Or because we feel the need to be as physically close as possible? 

"O...kay...Are you busy Friday night? I know two cute guys who are willing to go on a double date with us!"  Trish says happily. She must really like one of those guys if she's asking me to go on a double date with them.