THE BEGINNING

“Kiss me,” Onew whispered, smiling up at the man above him.

            They were so close their noses were practically touching. If he had wanted to he could have very well just leaned up and taken that kiss hostage, but he wanted to make Minho work for it. He knew after all that the other would give him what he wanted. It was all part of their little game.

            “Why don’t you kiss me?” MinHo teased. His eyes shined bright as he challenged the old friend.

            “Because I’m comfy like this. So come on, kiss meee!” Onew pouted. His patience was always thin when it came to wanting things from the other. Who knew how much time they had left today, though? That alone made him impatient, if not a little worried.

            Onew was thinking about that when the other boy swooped down to give him exactly what he’d been whining for.

            The kisses they shared were unlike the ones that normal people shared. Minho’s lips barely grazed his, it was more like the wind pressing itself against Onew’s mouth. He could feel the dust like quality that came with MinHo’s touch. He was frozen, quite literally, almost frost bitten by the other. But the latter’s presence was strong enough to feel like the kiss was real. He was as physically present as anyone else, and Onew could mesh their lips together easily, like he was kissing any other person. But it wasn’t the same.

            They were a strange couple, Onew and Minho. Most certainly there wasn’t another one like them. If there was then they wouldn’t know because no one was stupid enough to come out and declare it. It wasn’t normal. Onew himself could call it completely unnatural… Supernatural would be a better word for it. Yeah, he liked calling it that since it pretty much summed up what he had with Minho.

            Every time the other came around something special happened. For them anyway. Minho especially, but being there with him made it just as spectacular for Onew, too.

            “What are you thinking about?” Minho asked, a playful smirk on his face. His fingers poked Onew’s tummy, pulling out a splendid laugh that tinkled out of his body.

            “I’m thinking about you,” Onew replied earnestly.

            As if to prove it he brought his fingers up and danced across the fine hairs on the others head. They were always slightly curled, his dark, grey-black locks. On any other person Onew would have thought it to be the humidity from the quickly heating summer days, but he knew better. Weather didn’t affect Minho; not rain, not snow, no the blistering hot days that even AC couldn’t always help, none of it. He was a bit jealous of the other boy’s inability to sweat, but he shouldn’t have been since Onew knew how dear those human things were to Minho. He couldn’t even count the amount of time Minho had traced the droplets on his back or had smiled at the flush of red in his cheeks. He missed those human things.

            “Why are you thinking about me, silly boy?” Minho whispered.

            He had changed their positions, making it so he was lying on his side next to Onew. Though his arm was feather light it was still present, like his kisses, having the regular touch of a human contact but… Lighter.

            Onew stroked the skin on Minho’s forearm carefully, measuring every hair. Every muscle that had once been there.

            “Because you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to me,” he murmured, hoping his answer would suffice.