Maybe? Hopefully.

I don't get it. At all. She confuses me. One minute she has dreamy eyes at her ex boyfriend the next she's laughing and giggling with my crush. Maybe she's bipolar? Or maybe she just has something wrong with her? Not to make it seem like I hate her, I don't. She's my best friend in the whole world! Okay okay, I should probably let you in on what I'm thinking because you're probably confused.
My name is Serena, I'm almost 18 years old and I live in Los Angeles with my best friend Bethany. Life's been good, we both attend the same college and we share an apartment so there's almost never a moment we aren't together. She's been my best friend since kindergarten after me, being a new kid that moved to LA, tripped and fell in some mud on the playground. While everyone else laughed, Bethany ran up to me and helped me up, using her sleeves to wipe my face. She's been with me ever since and I couldn't imagine my life without her.
Anyway, long story short, after high school we begged our parents to let us get an apartment and after weeks of kissing up, they agreed. We moved in the late summer of 2014, and we've been going to school and living our lives since. Now to explain the whole boy thing. In our apartment building there was a boy that lived on the floor above us, Jay was his name, and offered to help us move in, and I swear the moment Beth laid her eyes on him, she was in love. Beth's always been dramatic and as soon as he shut the door, her eyes lit up and her face had broken out into the hugest blush I'd ever seen. I convinced her to start hanging out with him and see if he might ask her out. He did, blah blah blah, they dated for almost 5 months, blah blah blah. Sorry if I don't sound so enthusiastic, but I honestly don't like to get myself involved in her relationships. I don't mettle, I just give advice. While she was off messing around with Jay and being happy, I was hanging out with my guy best friend and the guy I've been crushing on since 8th grade, Crawford Collins. You might have heard of him, long messy brown hair, bright brown beautiful eyes, cute dimple, Vine and YouTube star (though he slacks on his YouTube a lot which I have to almost force him to edit a video). Yeah, I guess it's kind of expected, the whole best friend crush cliche.
Anywho, actually getting on what I was saying before, late in October Beth had found out that Jay was cheating on her with some girl in his math class. When she confronted him about this he had screamed horrible things: that she was a slut and that he never loved her, something along those lines. Beth was broken, for almost a month she barely spoke, she barely ate, she barely did anything. She just sobbed on the couch. I tried my best to comfort her but nothing would work. She had really fallen for him, and to hear those words coming from him broke her heart. Crawford had came by to visit us and helped me cheer her up, it didn't exactly get her back to normal but we at least got her on her feet and out of the house. Ever since then she's been (and I will quote her exactly) "grateful for Crawford and will never forget what he did for her". I am not the jealous type, I just took that as a overly polite way to say thank you. Now whenever Crawford and I aren't hanging out, Beth is either talking with him or hanging out with him. And what makes things worse is that Jay has decided to have a conscious and started feeling bad about what he said to her. Beth was almost convinced to take him back, but I tried to talk her out of it. Now they stay as friends but I'm worried that she'll ignore my advice. It's so confusing too! One minute she's gushing over Crawford and then the other she's flirting with Jay! Can she not make up her mind? Can't she just find someone else to flirt with instead of her horrible ex boyfriend and my crush? I guess with all of this there has been a bit of tension between us which is the icing of this amazing cake (note the sarcasm). It's such an awkward situation, loving and hating my best friend. I wish it was different. I wish she'd just leave that asshole she called a boyfriend and stop twirling her hair at the sight of Crawford. I just want things to be normal, I just want to be happy, not have these conflicted thoughts. Maybe it'll all blow over? Hopefully.

Alright! First chapter is over! I want to hear what you all think (if any of you even read it😬) So yeah, hope you like it and there's more to come!