The Marriage part 1

"Yuuki?" Sayori questioned Yuuki's decision. Yuuki threw down her hands to her sides in protest against what was discussed between the two of them, "I said I don't know yet didn't I!?" A soft knock brought the two's discussion to a close as a maid walked in with an enclosed letter on a tray.
    "Sorry for the intrusion Hime-sama but a letter addressed to you came. Would you like me to leave it on your desk?" Yuuki gave it some thought, "put it on my desk please." The maid bowed and left leaving the enclosed envelope on the corner of her desk next to a stack of papers. Yuuki grabbed the letter, ignoring the argument she had just a few minutes ago. As she picked it up she seen the royal Kuran seal on the lip of the envelope .
    Sayori walked up behind Yuuki without hesitation and sweetly spoke, "Is it them?" She crossed her arms and waited.
      Yuuki nodded in response and opened the envelope revealing the hidden contents: Dear Hime-sama, We are thankful that you have considered with deep thought of our proposal as to the marriage arrangements with our Ouji-sama. Your response was truly surprising to us that you have agreed to marry him and unite our countries as one. Yours truly Ousama and Joousama. Sayori gasped as Yuuki tumbled down, "Yuuki!"
       "I-I'm okay," Yuuki put a hand on Sayori's arm as she helped Yuuki up.
       "You shouldn't be so surprised, you're the one who agreed in the first place," Sayori patented  down Yuuki's bottom half of her dress, "I know but... such a sudden response back." Sayori sighed and put the letter back in the envelope and put it into the bottom draw of Yuuki's desk.
        "Start packing the carriage will retrieve us in a week. Ah don't forget to gather the little maids and guards you wish to accompany you." Sayori stood up straight and started for the door.
      "What about you? Are you not accompanying me on this voyage Sayori?" She looked apologetic at her as she opened the door. Sayori sighed and glared at Yuuki, "what makes you think I don't want to accompany you?" Yuuki shrugged her shoulders happily.
                         *•~>]|[<~•*
        "Hime-sama the carriage is ready for departure," the guard bowed as Yuuki stood up, "alright then." She followed the guard out to the courtyard where a carriage surrounded by villagers tossing flower petals into the air were waiting.
          She met up with Sayori who was waiting at the carriage door. As Yuuki approached the carriage Sayori smiled and helped Yuuki into the carriage following her inside, "Yuuki?"
        Yuuki sat closest to the window on the other side of the carriage staring at the red velvety curtains that separated her from the outside world, "hmm?" Her voice was soft with a hint of longing and sadness
        "Well," Sayori sat down next to Yuuki next to the door. Once the door was shut she pulled up the curtains letting sunshine flood in, covering the red velvety interior with light, "are you regretting the choice you made?" Sayori waved to the people outside the window as the carriage started moving.
         Yuuki let out a long sigh, "Sayori, do you really want to bring that up here" she looked at Sayori who was deeply considering what she just said, "actually yes, yes I am since we didn't finish the discussion last week."
         "But that was a week ago and you got your answer." Yuuki sat straight and stared Sayori in the eyes.
         "Yes I did get my answer, from a piece of paper that has no expression of the person who was reading it." Sayori retorted as she rested her head in the palm of her hand while her elbow rested on the seal at the base of the window.
         Yuuki looked down at her hands as she fumbled with her dress. Her head was racing with other thoughts right now and couldn't worry about this right now. She stole a peek at Sayori staring at the window. She let out a long sigh again that caught Sayori's attention.
         "What was the long sigh for?" She didn't look away from the window.
         "I-I'm afraid.... afraid who Ouji-sama is I guess." Yuuki pulled open her curtains as well but didn't pin it in place instead, just held onto them.
         Sayori reached a hand out and placed it on Yuuki's free hand, "don't worry about it, for now just rest we have a long journey to go before we reach the spot we agreed to meet at." Yuuki nodded and released the drapes letting them fall concealing the outside world once more. She reached out in front of her and grabbed two soft plushy pillows and handed one to Sayori.
Sayori didn't say anything. The silence continued on for hours till the carriage came to a halt. Suddenly jerked into movement the two girls bolt up right awake, "Yuuki what was that?"
"I don't know what that was" Yuuki reached over to the front of the carriage and opened a little compartment that lead to the driver of the carriage. When she opened it she seen a horse limping.
"A horse, it's limping." Yuuki turned to look at Sayori for help on what to do.
The driver called out to the princess, "Hime-sama please don't worry yourself she's just a clumsy fella, huh Pixie?" The driver patted and stroked her behind as she wailed in response.
Sayori yawned, "How long is there left before we arrive?"
Yuuki pulled back the drapes revealing a setting sun and pinned it in place, " Looks like we're almost there." On Que. the carriage slowly came to a stop. The door opened revealing an unfamiliar set of faces in an unknown uniform.
"Hime-sama welcome we are the royal guards of the Kuran family pleasure to meet you," the guard speaking bowed and the others, including maids, bowed as well. Sayori was the first to exit the carriage. As she walked out in the open guards and maids were stunned to see two people in the carriage.
Sayori stretched her arms up in the air and smiled, "Hime-sama please come out its cool outside." Yuuki refused to move an inch from her spot. Sayori let out a small sigh and walked back up to the carriage. She held out a hand for Yuuki to take, "come on don't be shy now."