Wan-chan

The carriage came to a slow stop. Wan's ears perked but didn't lift his head. Yuuki soundlessly slept on Wan-chan, her head at the nape of his neck behind his ears. It was long before the carriage started moving again. Both girls were asleep. He could feel the rise and fall of Yuuki's chest, his fur ruffled with every breathe she released. Sayori, still on the plushy pillow, mumbled and shifted her weight against Wan.
  A sweet aura filled the carriage as the bumpy road became smooth, the enriching yelps and whoops of people. The pace came slow and steady. It wasn't too long till the carriage came to a stop. Yuuki shifted her head down to his shoulder blades. Just enough room to lift his head up. Yuuki's arms that were hugging him tightened as she whimpered and violently shook enough to make Sayori shift her weight again but away from Wan.
  A thud moved Wan-chan's attention to the window. A raging howl followed the thud. Wan-chan let a tiny growl escaped. He wanted to barge outside and protect the young girl sleeping soundlessly on him. But he didn't want to disturb her no matter how much he wanted to do so.
  Horses wailed and the carriage, once again, started moving. The sounds of people was left behind and now in the distant. It was what felt like hours to Wan.
  Yuuki's breathing pattern that he remember shifted and became quick shallow breaths with small whimpers and muscle spasms. In attempt to calm her he shifted his weight to the edge of the seat and her lap. Bingo! Her eyes slowly opened until she was fully awake.
  He looked up at Yuuki. Their eyes meet, "Mm Wan-chan?" He cocked his head to the right. Her eyes watery and red.
  She lifted the curtains to a sun low in the sky, "It looks like it'll be night soon." She shook Sayori violently almost screaming to wake her up. Unable to wake her up, Yuuki slid the pillow from under head out letting her head fall and hit the ledge which did the trick of waking her up.
  "Wha wha? I'm up!!" After hooking back the curtains Yuuki looked at Sayori who was rubbing her eyes. Wan-chan took the opportunity to move back to the floor and laid his head on Yuuki's feet.
  "Yu where are we?" She looked out the window at a baron desert with tress here and there far out in the distant.
  "Mm if I remember the castle and its city should be right after this desert it shouldn't be that long."
  Sayori's eyes filled with awe as she stared down at the black wolf laying on the floor. Wan looked up at her but didn't move he just laid his back down on Yuuki's head. He started loving her scent and wanted it to himself but was only there to comfort and protect her in his masters wishes. The only scents he knows are of his masters and his fellow companion and now this girls.
  Wan-chan started getting annoyed as the carriage to a stop. This time two guards opened the carriage door to let the two girls out. Before the door shut he slipped out and stayed next to Yuuki.
  A guard glared daggers at him and Yuuki noticed. She bent down and wrapped her arms around his neck and shot a glare up at the guard, "Wan-chan is gonna hurt anyone!"
  In protest he stopped and slammed his staff into the ground, "Hime-sama we don't know if he will strike while your..." His voice trailed off before he said the word "feasting". Everyone human didn't like the idea of vampires but they didn't disobey them because not a single one has ever drank a single drop of human blood.
   "If he wanted to kill me he would've done so as we slept in the carriage!" Yuuki stood up and stomped away toward a fire that was started.
  "Ah Yu wait up!" Sayori started running. Wan started walking and a few feet from the guards he turned and looked at them. He held their gazes then turned back around and left to catch up with the princess and her friend.