Promise Ring

Alexis was waiting in the freezing cold for his girlfriend, Kim, to show up for their Valentines date. She was 10 mins late and she was standing right in front of him, snapping her fingers in his face.

"Hey! Are you listening?" Kim looked very annoyed, which instantly made Alexis annoyed.

"Hey! If you plan on being late, at least call ahead! And don't look down on me!" Alexis said angrily.

"I didn't PLAN on being late, it just happened and my phone died before I left! And its the first time you're on time, considering you were late for your own graduation! And I have to look down on you, there's no other way to look!"

"You were late for your graduation too! And at least I don't sleep in assemblies and then yell stuff about a game a girl shouldn't play!"

"It was one time! And what do you mean, girls shouldn't play games?"

Passerby were starting to stare.

"Girls shouldn't play games! Its not ladylike!"

"David and Goliath, practice your material elsewhere. People are staring." Said Teacher Swift, walking past them with his arms filled with groceries.

"I asked you to stop calling me that!" Cried Alexis and Kim in unision.

"Aren't you on a date?" He asked over his shoulder as he walked away.

"Ah!" They both said, blushing. Alexis held his hand out to her so she could hold it. She clasped it gently, and they walked off towards the park for an Greenday CD signing.

*In line for the signing*

"Hey, Kim..." Began Alexis. He instantly had her full attention as he rarely called her Kim, prefering to call her an idiot and other rude names. Kim liked it better than him calling her name. It was like a term of endearment...

"Yeah?" She replied.

"I need to tell you something important after, so let's go to the forest for a walk."

"It'll get dark soon..." Said Kim, worrying about what he was going to say.

"It'll be okay. After all, you have me!" He joked.

"You're right! I heard flesh eating animals prefer to eat the smaller ones first!" Said Kim cheerfully.

"You're righ -- HEY! I'm not a sacrifice!"

"Next!" Said the worker and they were ushered inside a tent.

"Hey!" Said Billie Joe Armstrong cheerfully, flashing a peace hand sign. Kim and Alexis mimicked him, going into their happy modes. "I know you two! You were the kids on that field trip and you," he said, pointing to Kim "were the rabbit wallet girl!"

"My name is Kim..."

"My wife liked you! She said you two should come out for dinner with us sometime! Apparently she wants to hear about the 'guy' you were talking to her about..." He said, signing one CD and handing it to Kim. He signed the other one and then gave them both a business card with his phone number on the back. "Call us when you can!" He said. And with that, the two were ushered out the back of the tent.

*Park Trail*

"Which 'guy' did you talk to his wife about?" Asked an annoyed Alexis.

"You're jealous!" Cried Kim. "Don't worry, I talked to her about you."

"Ahh..." Said Alexis, trying to hide the smile that appeared on his face when she said that.

"So... What did you want to talk to me about?" Asked Kim.

"Well, I know we haven't been together long but I know this is what I want so... Here! Please accept this as a token of my love for you!" Alexis was blushing as he held out a small velvet box. Kim took the box and stared. It was a silver ring, with a sapphire stone and words engraved on the inside. The words said "ILY"

"ILY... You love me?!"

"Yes... I'm sorry I couldn't find a peridot one, that's your birthstone." he said, his face resembling a tomato.

"I didn't even know what my birthstone was, so thank you!" she cried happily.

"You didn't... Wow..." Said Alexis. He took the ring from her hand and carefully slid it onto her left hands ring finger.

"Eeehhhh! I'm not married!" Cried Kim in shock.

"Stupid! that's a promise ring!" Alexis said.

"Oohhh... What's a promise ring?" She asked.

"Go search it up!"

"Fine, fine. Uhm, Alexis, about the ring... I love you too!" Kim said, smiling.

"Yeah..." Alexis replied, blushing.

Then Kim moved and she tripped over a tree root and tumbled to the ground.

"Owww..." Moaned Kim.

"Stupid! Are you okay?" Asked a worried Alexis.

"Yes... This is nothing new..."

"God, you're so clumsy..." Muttered Alexis as he leaned down to kiss her. "But that's part of why I love you." And they kissed again.

*Later, at Risa's house*

"Now, what's a promise ring? Tell me, google!" said Kim.

A promise ring is a ring promising that a couple will get married when the time comes.

"Eeehhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Cried Kim in shock.

                                                                             #THE END#