Prologue

JUNE 26, 2016

Zayn Malik walked through the double doors of Charles De Gaulle airport, dragging his luggage behind him. As usual, photographers were there, ready to take pictures of the twenty three year old leaving the airport. Even though he was used to this for almost six years already, he still couldn't understand what was so interesting about taking a photo of a young adult in jeans a long sleeve white shirt.

Long sleeve shirts. Ever since the big breakup with his girlfriend Perrie three months ago, Zayn has been wearing nothing but long sleeve shirts. Even on the hottest days, he'd be wearing that. He felt so stupid for getting a tattoo of her three years ago. He was so in love with her he couldn't see straight so he literally… got a tattoo. Zayn always thought he'd end up marrying Perrie one day. Yet, one day, just a few months ago… it all crumbled down. Everything they had that was built up so strongly over the past four years was gone. Some people even called them the Zanessa 2.0, because everyone thought they'd be married one day and then out of the blue, they ended it. The most heartbreaking part of it all, was the fact how no one saw the breakup coming, not even Zayn or Perrie themselves. Especially Zayn.

He couldn't really remember why it happened, or the events leading up to it. The whole thing was a huge blur to him, a period of time that was blacked out. Partly because he didn't want to remember, and partly because it happened so fast that it was sort of hard to remember how they broke up. They just did.

Perrie was the one who did the breaking up. At first the brown eyed boy thought her reason was an excuse, it was silly, she just wanted to start a fight. Just like the relationship built up strongly, the hate did too. She got so much hate in the last year that she started to fall out of love with her own boyfriend. It didn't seem worth it, she said. Zayn tried to make her stay. He pleaded with her, started listing all the reasons in the world to not leave, made promises, told her how much he loved her. However, Perrie was firm. Perrie was ending it, right then and there. She left Zayn was with such a broken heart, he didn't know how to move on. His friends tried to help, his family, the fans, even his band mates, lads he hasn't spoken to since the break in early January. They had one year off, and they made a mutual decision to spend it away from one another. Yet they wanted to be there for Zayn and to help him get through it. The problem was, no one could even reach Zayn. It was kind of like he created his own world and stayed there, not letting anyone else in.

For some miraculous reason, his two best mates convinced him to pick a city outside of the UK and get lost in it for the summer. Paris was the worst city for all the wrong reasons, mainly having to do with love, but that's why Zayn chose it. He figured watching everyone else be happy with their partner would hurt him enough to finally realize he'll find someone better out there. There will be a girl, his perfect girl, and this summer would help him move on from the girl he once thought was perfect.

Little did he know that that summer was the summer that would make him realize he had already dated his perfect girl, for four long years, and for the next couple of months, Zayn would realize the true meaning of the quote “Sometimes it takes two people to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together.”

-

JUNE 30, 2016

Liam Payne managed to find a private jet, belonging to one of his celebrity friends. He didn't feel like flying commercial. It wasn't because he was a bratty, self absorbed superstar and all the fame went to his head, no, not at all. It was because during his time off, he wanted to stay out of the limelight as much as possible and keep to himself. Paparazzi was still hounding Liam constantly, and he figured the best way to get rid of them was to go to Paris, France, a city where it would be harder to get professional photographs because of the strict laws. However, that wasn't the real reason why Liam was going to Paris for almost two months. He knew that, and he was sure his close friends and family knew that, too.