1

Sting looked at the request board, ripping a flyer away from the many requests and showing his partner. It had been rarely busy in Sabertooth. Jobs had come flying in after they helped with the Tartaros situation.
"How bout this one?" He asked, a small grin weaving between his lips. "It's only a simple monster kill, and the reward is great!"
Rogue looked at the paper wide eyed. "Are those all zeros?"
"So then it's settled?" Sting asked. The shadow dragon slayer nodded. "We should leave Lector and Frosch behind. Just in case."
"Good point." Sting said, turning his head. "Oh Yukino, could you watch Lector and Frosch while we go out on a job? It's in the next town over and will only take a few days."
"Sure Sting-sama!" Yukino smiled, waving as the two dragon slayers exited the guild.

"In there." The client pointed to a large cavern, it's mouth bearing razor sharp rock teeth.
"Everyone has been dragged in there?" Rogue confirmed. The client, an old man who went by the name of Jejie nodded.
"Welp, be back once we finish this." Sting said, entering the cavern with Rogue, once the two were out of earshot, Jejie grabbed his communications lacrima out of his pocket.
"Yeah, they'll be all yours."

Sting didn't know where to look. The light burning in his palm provided enough visibility to see about ten feet ahead, yet the cavern still stretched endlessly on. He heard a small yelp, disregarding it as nothing. He refused to turn around, knowing that Rogue had his back, and that he was perfectly capable. Then he saw it. A dark figure slinking along in the shadows. He tried to nudge his partner, finding only empty space. What? The figure suddenly lashed out, and all went black.

I kept this one kinda short, but I hope you enjoyed!! Farewell my lovely readers, until next time!