~~First Impressions~~

Lonely Sparks and Lost Dreams 

                                                            ~~First Impressions~~

POV Rose

I walk into the common room. I look around. Its perfect, just how I imagined it. I realise I have just been standing in the middle of the Gryffindor common room with my mouth hanging open and my knees almost giving way from the weight of all my stuff so I turn to my right and walk up to the stairs leading to the girls dorms, trying to look like I know where I am going.

Gingerly, still trying to assure myself I'm heading up the right stairs, I climb the steps and knock on the door. No one answers so I push the door open slightly and see that the room is empty. I sigh in relief. I take a step forward and peek around a post of a bed to look out the window.

I let out a gasp and my mouth forms a small smile. In front of me is my beautiful  owl. She has light grey feathers, some with dark grey tips that make her look spotted and big blue eyes. I run to her and lift an arm up for her to sit on. She nuzzles into my cheek and plays with my hair. She missed me.

"Hey Heathergrey" I whisper to her.

She chirps at her name and goes to perch on my shoulder. She is actually quite short for her species of owl, but not small. She's perfect and, may I add, my best and only friend in this place. Hopefully that changes.