Memories

Hey guys! Merry Christmas! My late gift to you is another chapter! Sorry I couldn't upload yesterday, I had a wonderfully filled Christmas. Anywho, here we go!

Previously
"Jake?! Where's Jake? Oh my..." Her voice softens as she speaks, sobs interrupt her sentence from time to time. "He shot him... he shot him..." she looks at me and screams. "You could've killed him!" She struggles as nurses try to pin her down, restrictions her from strangling me. Another nurse walks in and asks again, "Please sir, go in the waiting room!" I shake my head, reality rushing back. I jerk forward and into the hall, feeling dizzy and confused for what just happened.

Cora's POV

Flashback
I open my eyes, feeling a hand grasping my own. For a moment I believe it is Jake, but I look over to see Nick. It only takes me a moment to realize what's happened.
He shot me... my thoughts waver to the memories. I begin to panic. Why is he here? What happened to Jake? Is he even alive?
At that moment I begin crying. Tears rapidly gliding down my cheeks. I rip my hand away from his, terrified or his touch.
"Get out! Get out!" Screaming at the top of my lungs I squirm away from him, feeling pain course it's way through my body. I become weak and struggle in the pain. Finally lying back down and letting the pain subside, though it never really did. A nurse rushes in and puts her hands on my arms, restricting me from doing him any harm. I can hear the nurse say something around the lines of go into the waiting room, but I ignore it and the thoughts and memories still swarm in my mind.
"Jake?! Where's Jake?! Oh my..." He's probably dead, I've lost the only one who truly cared for me. Who truly loved me even if I put them through horrible situations.
"You could've killed him!" I then get the energy to struggle against the nurses restricting hands. I want to scream, cry, and hurt him all at the same time. The nurse again tells him to leave the room, and soon after he does. As he is walking away, I start to calm down. My breathing is heavy and my heart is racing. The nurse let's go of me as I cry softly, feeling my adrenaline leave me and the pain in the chest and, in fact my whole body appear.
"Where... where's Jake?" I ask quietly, I thought I did almost too quiet until the nurse answered.
"He's having the best help he can I have."
"But is he going to make it?"
"Cora, you need rest darling. Why don't you sit back and rela-"
I cut her off and sternly express,
"Will. He. Make. It?"
"Cora..."
"Please, tell me." I softly state, tears still running down my cheeks. "Please..."
"I'm sorry Cora, we don't think he will make it."
End of Flashback
Still in Cora's POV
I jerk, waking from my memory. Im still in my hospital bed. In front of me is still Detective Hayes, looking at me with concern.
"Cora, please answer our question. What do you remember?"
Memories flooded fastly in my brain.
"I-I can remember him... talking about... about making us dinner. We all... we sat down. Then.. for some reason.. I can't remember why.. he got up, and he..." I took a shaky breath. "HE came back.. and I can remember Jake getting angry about something... and..." I froze. I knew I'd gotten shot... I thought I knew who shot me... I thought. I thought it was... "What was that man's name that visited me yesterday?"
The detective looked at me questioning, I could see the... maybe fear in his eyes.
"Nick..." He answered, "Do you not remember him?"
"N-no sir. I-I don't think I do..."

Hey guys! Hope you all enjoyed!
(Mwhahahahahhahaahahahahahahahahhahaha )
-IlovePercyJackson13