Chapter One

Bear's P.O.V

"Dear! It's time to wake up!" My mom shook me awake and I blearily opened my eyes to see her pinched red lips right above my face. Ew. I tried not to roll my eyes and got up, yawning. 

"Yes mum," I shoved my glasses on and lazily shuffled to the bathroom to wash the morning breath out of me. I brushed my teeth, washed my face and came out, still sleepy. Ugh. Wait.. This is the first day of school... 

Ahhh! I forgot to pack my bag yesterday! I panicked, stuffing my purple bag with stationary and school books. Dammit!Damn the fricking school!

Then I realized I hadn't picked out clothes either. What had I been doing to make me forget this?! My mother'll kill me! I ran towards my closet and searched for my uniform. Ma only allows knee-length skirts into the house so we wouldn't be like those "unclean teenagers" that walked around with normal school skirts... looking.. normal. I put them on then peered at the mirror. Not so.. bad..?Who am I kidding. A knee-length pleated skirt is ugly.

I fumbled for a white button-down shirt and our school blazer. I tied my mousy brown hair into a bun,shoved my socked feet into shoes and ran downstairs slinging my bag over my shoulder and cursing inside of my head when I stubbed my foot on the outside door, yelling a goodbye to my parents and running towards the limo waiting for me at the gate. I jumped in and took the steaming breakfast on the seat. 

My parents never ate together with us as they usually had work and they cared for work more than they ever cared for my brother and I. 

"Hey sis, two minutes late," My younger brother grinned evilly at me. "That means I get 3 of your fries!" He snickered and stole them while I glared at him. 

I gobbled my food off and the driver let me off at my high school. I waved a goodbye and zipped towards my locker to stuff my books in. While I struggled to open my damn locker I heard the talk of a popular cheerleader 2 lockers to my left. 

"Did you here there was going to be a new boy transferring into our grade?!" Her high-pitched voice made my ears ring. 
"OMG, really?! do you think he'll be hot?" asked another girl who had blazing red hair and cold blue eyes. 
"I hope so.." 

I rolled my eyes. So what if a guy was transferring into our grade? They all look the same to me.. I stepped into my class and sat down in the front row, at the window seat. No one usually sat beside me as I didn't have much friends but I didn't care as friends only distracted me from work. And I couldn't invite anyone without my Ma knowing who they were. 
As I sorted my books in order of the subject of today on my time table, the loud boisterous class turned silent. The teacher has come I guess. I looked up to see I was correct. 

"Good morning class, and welcome back to school, I hope all of you are well rested and ready to learn! I had you all last year so I remember you and you remember me hopefully, but let us not dwell on that, we have a new class mate!" Mr.Simpson our favorite teacher was our homeroom teacher! Thank God. 

"So, what's your name," he glanced at the paper in his hands, "Caedis Asmadean, tell us more about yourself." 

Wait, doesn't Caedis mean death in latin?! Why does he have that name- My eyes fasted them self on the boy. 

He looked about 19 years old and he had a mature, yet immature air about him. But it was over shadowed by his looks. As I stared longer, the brilliance and glow he had brightened. 

He had white marble, perfect skin, curious dark blue eyes curtained by long black eye lashes and tousled black hair. My breath hitched in my throat when he noticed me staring at him and I shot my eyes on the paper. No looking at boys, no looking at  boys. I have no time for this. No time! 

"Um, I'm 17, I like cake, cuddles and I'm looking for a special girl, if anyone of them out there," He smirked and winked at the girls who swooned and tittered. 

"Who would like to show Caedis around school? Anyone?" All the girls' hands (except mine obviously) shot in the air. I ducked my head and took out my pen out of my pencil case about to write today's date when his voice interrupted the teacher's choosing.

"May I choose sir?" 

"Sure, sure," 

"I'd like her." 

Who's the "lucky" girl, hope she doesn't die- wait.. why is he pointing at me?! My eyes widened. No! 

Groans of the girls entered my air and they started to mumble curses about me being a prissy church girl and why would he choose a nerd and blah. blah. blah. 
Excuse me but I do not want this! 
I was about to shake my head and plead to change the decision but he smiled at me kindly. 
"Yes, Caedis you can sit beside him in your first week, go on. " 

He met my eyes and smirked, shuffling to sit at my right, still staring at me even though the lecture had started. I tore my eyes from his hypnotizing blue circles of evil and stared at my page fiercely. How dare he! I looked up to see him staring still and I glared at him back, growling when he smirked. 

God I hate this boy.