Sixteen: Crashing

Zayn POV

I awoke the minute she stirred. Twice last night she had to be calmed from nightmares.

I didn't know she felt the way for me that she did.

I mean, hell I was happy that she was with me...in whatever relationship we were in, but it also scared me. I didn't want to do anything to screw her up like I did with Amanda. But Amanda was not like Luanna, she was stronger and was not an addict. Luanna would kick and fight before becoming anything like Amanda was.

I opened my eyes and watched her brow furrow in her sleep. My fierce Luanna. I grazed my thumb along her light pink lip, remembering what it was like to kiss her. She was like fire. I wanted to be with her and not die out as ash.

“Morning,” my voice came out raspy as her eyes opened and found mine. I watched a soft blush creep up her neck to her face and I knew I wanted to kiss her. Kiss up her long neck, along her jaw, then to worship her lips. She would respond with something chaotic and demanding that I would meet, climbing deeper and deeper into each other.

“Morning.” she whispered and leaned across me to grab her phone off of the charger.

“Got something to do today?” I asked her as an alarm popped up on the screen. She nodded, sitting up.

“I have a second interview today for an internship. Liam is supposed to take me this morning,” she elaborated and I rested my hands behind my head.

“I'll take you.” I offered, not wanting to leave her just yet. I just got her. Also, the sound of Liam's name grated on my ears.

She opened her mouth as if to say no but stopped herself and I could see her sending a text.

“Thanks.” she smiled timidly and got to her feet, walking into her bathroom.

She put on a knee length floral dress and a light gray cardigan with flats. I watched her as she moved, mesmerized by her. She looked back at me, rolling her eyes as she applied light make up and put her hair up in a bun.

“Enjoying the view?” she asked me sarcastically and I grinned, getting to my feet. I washed my face in her bathroom, gargled some mouth wash, and cleaned up a bit before meeting her in her room.

“Ready?” she nodded and turned to walk away, but I caught her wrist and pulled her against me. “I have been thinking about your lips nonstop since our first kiss.”

I snaked an arm around her, holding her tight as I pressed my lips to hers. She opened her mouth automatically, allowing me entrance as her arms wrapped around shoulders and held me tight. Her fingers dug into my shoulders as our mouths fought for dominance, a hunger in my belly awakening for her. When I pulled back, gasping for breath, she traced my jaw line with her fingers, a small smile on her face.

“Let's get going. If I am late you are dead.” she said, letting go of me abruptly and slipping out of my grasp.

Downstairs, an older Asian man greeted me with a sweet smile on his face. He was pulling off gardening gloves to pull Luanna into a hug.

“Dad, this is Zayn. Zayn, my dad.” she said awkwardly and I smiled at him as I pulled on my leather jacket. He gave me a nice hello.

“Lulu, show him the Koi pond before you go.” he urged Luanna who smiled and nodded, taking my hand. My heart skipped a beat as I concentrated on her hand holding mine.

“My dad's newest project.” she showed me the tropical pond that her dad built. There wasn't any fish in it though.

“That's really cool.” I said, meaning it. My dad would have paid someone to make this at his house and my mum lived in a flat with a tiny back yard so she couldn't have one even if she wanted it. I rubbed Luanna's hand with my thumb as we walked to my Audi, thinking that my mum and sisters would like her. Was it too early to think about taking a trip to London with Luanna to meet them?